Cheeseburger Soup is a creamy and delicious dinner option that is so easy to make! This cashew-based cheeseburger soup recipe needs to be on your menu plan!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY:
This post is sponsored by Country Natural Beef, the opinions are my own.
Best Ever Cheeseburger Soup
There is nothing better than a cozy bowl of a hearty, rich cheeseburger soup – especially when it is made with the most amazing ingredients (you won’t believe it is dairy-free!). This cashew-based soup is packed with flavor, creamy and so good!
Part of the reason this soup is so good .. high quality ingredients – including the ground beef! Country Natural Beef is 100% owned by family ranchers and is G.A.P. Step 4 Animal Welfare Certified which means that their animals are pasture-raised, fed a vegetarian diet, provided a safe and enriched environment and never receive antibiotics or added hormones. They also happen to be a Whole30-Approved partner! And I have to say, this is honestly the best ground beef I have ever tasted. You truly can tell the difference and I am so proud to be partnering with them today!
Why This Recipe Works
- Creamy: the creaminess comes from an easy-to-make cashew cream that thickens this soup up perfectly!
- Dairy-Free: thanks to that cashew cream, this soup is thick and creamy but (amazingly) dairy-free!
- Nutritional Yeast + Pickle Juice: nutritional yeast tastes so much like cheese (it’s crazy) and the pickle juice really rounds out that cheeseburger flavor!
What You Will Need
- olive oil: this is used to saute the garlic, onions and celery – you could also use ghee or a plant-based butter.
- garlic + yellow onion + celery: these add so much flavor!
- Country Natural Beef Butcher Blend Ground Beef: the best ground beef around!
- dried parsley: add earthiness and flavor.
- chicken broth: I recommend using a high-quality chicken broth or you can even use homemade!
- russet potatoes: these add a different texture and flavor to the soup.
- raw cashews + unsweetened almond milk: these are combined to make that delicious, creamy cashew cream.
- nutritional yeast: this adds that cheesy flavor without actually having to add any cheese!
- salt + ground black pepper: because you always gotta season your food! Feel free to add more or less depending upon your likeness.
- lemon juice + pickle juice: both of these add acidity and the pickle juice really brings out the cheeseburger vide!
- toppings – pickles, bacon bits or shredded cheese: these are optional, but kind of bring the soup to the next level.
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup
Saute your garlic and onions.
Add in your Country Natural Beef ground beef and celery – cook through.
Add in potatoes and broth – let simmer a few minutes.
Combine your cashew cream ingredients in a high-powered blender.
Once the cashew cream is smooth and creamy add that into the pot as well.
Let simmer while you stir – it will start to thicken after a few minutes!
Garnish with bacon, pickles and some fresh parsley!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Cheeseburger Soup – a delicious and creamy cheeseburger soup recipe that is packed with flavor and so easy to make!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped celery
- 1 lb Country Natural Beef Butcher Blend Ground Beef
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth (if Whole30 check your ingredients)
- 1–2 small russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews (soak overnight in water)*
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons pickle juice
- (optional) toppings: pickles, bacon bits or shredded cheese (omit if Whole30/paleo)
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil, onion and garlic and bring to medium high heat; stir and let reduce for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add celery and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes (add another tablespoon of olive oil if you need to).
- Once celery has cooked down, cook ground beef – drain excess grease.
- Add chicken broth, parsley and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer until potatoes are soft, but firm.
- Meanwhile, In high-powered blender, add cashews (drain first), almond milk, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy (use spatula to scrape down sides several times) approximately 4 minutes.
- Once the broth has been simmering for about 10 minutes, add your cashew sauce and start stirring to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and continue stirring – soup will thicken after a couple of minutes.
- Add pepper, lemon juice, pickle juice; stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt, as desired. (I added another 1/2 teaspoon).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Bacon Bit Topping: if you want to make bacon bits we love cooking our bacon in the oven!
- *Cashews: if you don’t want to soak your cashews overnight (or you just forget to) you can simply put them in a heat-safe bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let them soak in the boiling water at least 10 minutes, but ideally 30 minutes. Then drain and use as-directed in the recipe.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheating: you might want to add a splash of broth while reheating to thin out the cashew base.
Keywords: cheeseburger soup