Our quick and easy Chicken Spring Roll Bowl is the perfect dinner option that is packed with flavor and so simple to pull together! Made with real, simple ingredients and a homemade peanut sauce that really makes the dish. Everyone is going to love making this easy spring roll bowl!
The Best Chicken Spring Roll Bowl
There are countless busy weeknights at our house when we are searching for something easy to throw together before the next kid activity we need to run to, enter this delicious chicken spring roll bowl! There is always a pack of rice noodles in the pantry for just this occasion.
Just throw some chicken breasts on the grill or pick-up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and this meal will be ready to serve in about 20 minutes! Plus, the easy peanut sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy this light and refreshing dinner that we continue to eat on repeat!
Have you ever tried shrimp in spring rolls? If you love them too, you should try our Shrimp Spring Roll Bowl!
What You Will Need
- peanut sauce – mix-up the delicious peanut sauce in the recipe card below or grab your favorite store-bought version from the grocery store.
- chicken – we used grilled chicken breasts, but feel free to cook your choice of chicken any way you want or use another protein, like shrimp or tofu!
- thin rice noodles – any variety of rice noodles will work, but spring rolls are typically made with very thin ones so that is what we like to use.
- avocado, mango, carrots, & green onion – a variety of fresh ingredients that add color, flavor, and a bit of sweetness.
- peanuts – perfect for a little bit of crunch on top!
- fresh cilantro – always nice for its light and refreshing flavor.
How To Make A Chicken Spring Roll Bowl
The first steps to making this easy recipe are to gather your ingredients. Cook the rice noodles to al dente according to the package directions and then drain under cool water.
Place the peanut butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce, and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Whisk to fully combine. Then add one more tablespoon of water and whisk again. Adjust the consistency to your personal preference.
We love to toss our chicken breasts on the grill (for easy clean-up), but you can also cook them in an air fryer.
Now assemble the spring roll bowl any way you want! We start with a rice noodle base, cubed chicken, fresh mango, avocado, carrots, green onions, drizzle on the peanut sauce and some chopped cilantro.
The pieces of this recipe can easily be prepped ahead of time. Just store the cooked chicken and noodles in separate containers to easily heat up when ready. Place the peanut sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. And chop all the fresh ingredients (except the avocado) and store in another container. The avo has to wait until serving, otherwise it will turn brown.
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
A light + refreshing Chicken Spring Roll Bowl recipe topped with the most amazing peanut sauce! Use rotisserie chicken to make extra easy!
- 1/3 cup drippy peanut butter
- 1–2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce (Tamari for gluten-free)
- 2–3 tablespoons water to thin (more as-needed)
Other Bowl Ingredients:
- 4 small grilled chicken breast (sub 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded)
- 4 cups thin rice noodles (vermicelli), cooked al dente
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add peanut butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon water to a small bowl. Whisk to combine (it takes a few seconds of whisking to fully incorporate the water).
- Add an additional tablespoon of water and whisk to combine again.
- Taste and add any additional maple syrup, as-desired. Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach your desired consistency. Whisk to combine.
- Ensure chicken is grilled and cubed or grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions and rinse with cold water.
- Divide rice noodles, chicken, avocado, mango, carrots and green onion between four bowls.
- Drizzle with as much peanut sauce as desired.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro.
- Chicken: you can also use grilled chicken thighs, if you prefer.
- Ingredient Amounts: feel free to add more or less chicken, rice noodles, avo, mango, carrots, etc.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 237.6 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.7 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Cholesterol: 41.4 mg
Keywords: chicken spring roll bowl, chicken spring roll bowl recipe, easy spring roll bowl, easy dinner