A simple and flavorful Peanut Sauce recipe is all you need to add a wow-factor to your next grain bowl, skewer plate, or appetizer spread. This versatile peanut sauce has five simple ingredients, making it a breeze to whip up to be used all week long.
The Best Homemade Peanut Sauce Recipe
With five ingredients that you probably already have in your cabinet, you’ll have the best tasting peanut sauce to add to your next dish. And the fact that this recipe only takes five minutes to make means that you can easily have a jar on-hand to add flavor to skewers, quinoa bowls, or to add as an unexpected dipping sauce for a veggie platter.
What You Will Need
- drippy peanut butter – All natural peanut butters tend be a bit more runny, making them the perfect variety for this peanut sauce – just look for a thinner peanut butter so you can mix into a sauce more easily.
- real maple syrup – The real stuff tastes better, friends. Pick up an all natural store bought variety. And if at any point you want to try the real thing, check out our tutorial for how to make your own homemade maple syrup.
- sesame oil – Only a little bit is needed to infuse sesame flavors throughout.
- soy sauce – Our favorite way to lean into any Asian inspired dish.
- water – This helps to thin out your sauce without adding any unnecessary ingredient.
How To Use Peanut Sauce
If you’re anything like us, we’re fully in the camp that peanut butter tastes good with almost everything. And we apply that same reasoning to our beloved peanut sauce. Here are some of our favorite dishes to add a good peanut sauce to, but don’t let this list limit your creativity.
How To Make Peanut Sauce
Start by measuring out your peanut butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce, and water and place everything in a small mixing bowl.
Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients, knowing that it takes a minute or two to fully mix the water throughout.
Add an additional tablespoon of water and whisk to combine again. Sometimes it’s helpful to use warm water to make the mixing process easier.
Taste and add any additional soy sauce or maple syrup as desired. Feel free to add additional water, one tablespoon at a time, to reach your desired consistency.
We LOVE using this in our favorite Quinoa Bowls!
- gluten-free: Use Tamari in place of soy sauce to make this recipe gluten-free.
- spicy: Add a pinch of red chili flakes to add some heat.
- storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. For ease of dipping and/or drizzling, take your sauce out the fridge about 30 minutes prior to serving time.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Peanut Sauce Recipe – the most AMAZING peanut sauce recipe ever that is perfect on quinoa bowls, salads, etc.! Packed with flavor and so easy!
- 1/3 cup drippy peanut butter
- 1–2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce (Tamari for gluten-free)
- 2–3 tablespoons water to thin (more as-needed)
- Add peanut butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water to a small bowl. Whisk to combine (it takes a few seconds of whisking to fully incorporate the water).
- Add an additional tablespoon of water and whisk to combine again.
- Taste and add any additional maple syrup, as-desired. Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach your desired consistency. Whisk to combine.
- Use on your favorite recipes – we love it over this Quinoa Bowl!
- Gluten-free: feel free to use Tamari to make this gluten-free.
- Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: peanut sauce, peanut sauce recipe