Pan Fried Shrimp – an easy, simple recipe that teaches you how to make pan-fried shrimp – perfect for salads or rice bowls!
A Simple Pan Fried Shrimp Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and easy protein option, look no further, this pan fried shrimp recipe is super simple and can be ready in a matter of minutes! Making it a great busy weeknight or lunch option. You can use them in so many different ways – tacos, rice bowls, salads, wraps, etc. Or just eat them by themselves because they are that good!
What You Will Need
- Jumbo shrimp, deveined and shelled – you can decided if you would like the tail on or off when cooking.
- Olive oil or ghee – a little fat to coat the pan for frying. If you want them to be Whole30 use ghee otherwise olive oil or butter are great too!
- Kosher salt & pepper – keeping the seasoning super simple with just some salt and pepper – feel free to use as much as you want!
Tips On Buying The Best Shrimp
This article on How to Buy the Right Shrimp is full of great tips to make your shrimp buying experience a good one!
How Long Does It Take Shrimp To Fry?
It is seriously so fast – only about 1-2 minutes per side until meat has a pinkish color and is no longer translucent. The time could vary a bit depending on the size of your shrimp.
How Do You Know Why Shrimp Is Done Frying?
This is all about the color of the shrimp. Once it is a pinkish color and no longer translucent it is done! The images below can help you know what it will look like.
Can I Store Cooked Shrimp
You can simply place cooked shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How To Pan Fry Shrimp
Pat your shrimp dry and sprinkle on salt & pepper.
Place seasoned shrimp in a hot cast iron pan coated with olive oil or ghee.
Flip your shrimp and add a little more seasoning.
Enjoy any way you want!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Pan Fried Shrimp – an easy, simple recipe that teaches you how to make pan-fried shrimp – perfect for salads!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, deveined and shell removed
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pat shrimp dry and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place large cast iron skillet on stove and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add some of the olive oil or ghee and swirl to coat the pan.
- Place shrimp in hot pan and let cook approx. 1-2 minutes per side or until meat is no longer translucent. Add additional oil or ghee, as needed, to keep pan from drying out.
- Remove shrimp from pan and serve however you want!
Keywords: pan fried shrimp, how to pan fry shrimp