Looking for a festive St. Patrick’s Day recipe!? Look no further, these Corned Beef and Cabbage Egg Rolls are a delicious spin on the classic corned beef & cabbage dinner! The whole family is going to love this simple egg roll recipe.
The Best Corned Beef & Cabbage Egg Rolls
Every year on St. Patrick’s Day, our family loves to celebrate our Irish heritage by making a traditional corned beef & cabbage meal in the dutch oven (we also have a Smoked Corned Beef and Cabbage). But sometimes you need to change things up or you have leftovers that you need to use. Either way, we highly recommend trying these egg rolls! They have a crisp outside and so much great flavor on the inside. We love to serve them up with dijon mustard or thousand island dressing for dipping!
Love corned beef – try our Corned Beef Hash!
What You Will Need
- extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil – just a splash in the pan to help sauté the fresh veggies.
- shredded carrots & cabbage – classic fresh vegetables that are the perfect compliment to corned beef.
- yellow onion & garlic – the perfect additions for added flavor!
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – a simple seasoning combination that is always a must.
- cooked corned beef – for this recipe we almost always use leftover corned beef from making corned beef and cabbage!
- egg roll wrappers – you should be able to find a package of these at your local grocery store.
- dipping sauce – our favorite sauces to serve with this are dijon mustard and thousand island dressing!
How To Make Corned Beef And Cabbage Egg Rolls
To start this easy recipe, bring a medium cast iron skillet to a medium-high heat and add a drizzle of avocado oil to warm through. Then toss in the onions and garlic, followed by the carrots and cabbage, and move them around in the pan until they have softened a bit. Season with salt and pepper.
Now lay out one egg roll wrapper (as shown), place cooked corned beef down the middle with some of the cabbage mixture on top.
Use your hands to carefully fold in the sides.
Pull the corner of the egg roll wrapper that closest to you over the filling.
Continue to tuck and roll the egg roll away from you.
Wipe the corner that’s farthest from you with a tiny bit of water and finish secure it to the egg roll.
Continue this process with the rest of the ingredients and set the egg rolls to the side on a plate.
Next, spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray and preheat the air fryer at 360 degrees F for about 5 minutes. Brush the egg rolls with a little olive oil (avocado oil works too).
Place the egg rolls in the basket in a single layer and air fry them with the seam-side down for 7 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another 4-7 minutes or until perfectly brown.
Repeat this process with all of the remaining egg rolls.
Ways To Cook Egg Rolls
In the recipe card below we cooked these delicious corned beef & cabbage egg rolls in our air fryer. It was super quick, easy, and mess free so we highly recommend this cooking method. However, if you don’t have an air fryer you can also cook them on the stovetop. Heat 2 inches of oil in a large skillet to a temp of 350 degrees F and carefully fry the egg rolls for about 3-5 minutes or until they have browned.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Corned Beef and Cabbage Egg Rolls – a seriously delicious way to eat your corned beef and cabbage – stove top or air fryer methods included!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (olive oil works), divided
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 sweet yellow onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked corned beef, shredded
- 6–8 egg roll wrappers
- Dipping Sauce Options: dijon mustard or thousand island dressing
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and onions. Move around pan until they soften and garlic becomes fragrant, approx. 1-2 minutes. Season wth salt and pepper. Add carrots and cabbage. Move those around the pan until cabbage has softened a bit.
- Add corned beef to the pan and cover. Let corned beef warm through.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat on a clean work surface and position it so that one of the corners if pointed at you. Add approx. 1/4 cup cabbage and a few pieces of corned beef in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Fold the two side corners inward and then pull the corner that is closest to you up and over the filling, compressing it as much as you can. Continue to tightly roll away from you. Pause before you finish rolling and rub a little water on the last corner (so it sticks shut). Finish rolling. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place egg rolls on a plate and brush lightly with remaining oil.
- Spray inside of air fryer with olive oil and preheat to 360 degrees F. for 5 minutes.
- Place 3-4 egg rolls in the air, seam-side down. Let cook for 7 minutes, flip, and then cook another 4-7 minutes (but I would start taking a peak at them after 4 minutes to see how brown they are – each air fryer is a bit different). Remove from they are nice and brown.
- Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve with dijon mustard or thousand island dressing for dipping sauce.
- Stove Top: Heat 2 inches of oil in a pot or deep skillet until it reaches 350 degrees. Place the egg rolls in the skillet and fry for 3-5 minutes, turn occasionally so that they brown on all sides. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
Keywords: corned beef and cabbage egg rolls