This super quick and easy Hot Honey Sauce is the perfect way to add a little bit of a kick to any of your favorite chicken recipes, fries, sandwiches, etc! Feel free to adjust the spice level to be as hot or as mild as you want it – perfect for adding to Hot Honey Chicken!
The Best Hot Honey Sauce
This delicious honey hot sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy flavors! It only takes about 10 minutes and 5 real, simple ingredients to quickly make this spicy hot honey sauce that can be added to just about anything. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks so we love to keep it on hand to add to all of our favorite chicken recipes all week long.
What You Will Need
- honey – we highly recommend using fresh, real honey!
- garlic – everything is always better with a little bit of garlic added.
- red pepper flakes – feel free to adjust the amount depending on how spicy you like your sauce!
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always great to add to any homemade sauce recipe.
How To Make Hot Honey Sauce
To start this easy recipe, gather all of your ingredients.
Then place all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Whisk to fully combine and warm on the stovetop at a medium-high heat.
Once it is warmed all the way through, place it in a small bowl for serving.
How Do You Use Hot Honey Sauce
Our absolute favorite way to enjoy this hot honey sauce in on our Hot Honey Chicken! This sweet and spicy sauce over cornflake-crusted chicken breasts is so good. It would also be great to drizzle over oven baked chicken wings, chicken drumsticks, almond flour chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, or even some slices of cornbread!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Homemade Sauce Recipes You Might Like
Hot Honey Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1/3 cup 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Hot Honey Sauce – a simple, flavorful hot honey recipe that is perfect over chicken, as a dipping sauce and more!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1–2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to medium heat.
- Stir often and let the honey warm through approx. 3-5 minutes (don’t let it boil here – we are just warming it through so it is “hot”).
- Remove from heat and use in your favorite recipe – we love it in our Hot Honey Chicken recipe!
- Honey: Use fresh, real honey.
- Spice: feel free to increase or decrease the crushed red pepper depending upon your spice preferences.
- Storage: keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: hot honey sauce
Leave a Rating & Comment