Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib is creamy and delicious! Made with just a few ingredients this recipe comes together quickly and easily and is a must-make for any prime rib recipe!
Best Ever Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib
Prime Rib is one of my favorite recipes for the Holidays – it is seriously SO easy and it is just a special meal to make for those you love. It is not complete though, without some of this amazing creamy horseradish sauce! So easy to make and you can control how strong you want that horseradish to come through – can’t wait for you to try this combo!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy: you probably have most of these ingredients in your fridge already – just grab some prepared horseradish and you are good to go! Throw everything together, stir, taste and you are done!
- Horseradish + Mayo: this combo is just amazing together. We love using this homemade mayo recipe, but any high-quality store-bought mayo will work too.
- Make Ahead: love that you can make this ahead of time and just stick it in the fridge for a couple days – always nice to get things done ahead of time before a fancy meal!
What You Will Need
- prepared horseradish: this is easily found at any grocery store (refrigerated section) and they do have more spicy versions (if you want), but I always grab the original, plain prepared horseradish.
- mayo: we love this homemade version, but you can use whatever you like.
- garlic: love this touch of minced garlic!
- lemon juice: this adds a bit of acidity to round out the flavor.
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: just a pinch of both!
Other Prime Rib Recipes
How to Make Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib
Gather your ingredients.
This is the prepared horseradish I used – you can find in the refrigerated section, most likely by the refrigerated pickles and/or saurkraut.
Add everything to a bowl and stir to combine.
Taste and add more horseradish if you want it stronger – add more mayo to mellow it out.
Serve with your prime rib recipe!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib – a creamy, delicious horseradish sauce recipe that goes perfectly with your favorite prime rib recipes!
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional prepared horseradish, as desired.
- Use on your favorite prime rib recipe (this is our favorite)!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: horseradish sauce for prime rib