Prime Rib Seasoning is an amazing, flavorful addition to any prime rib recipe! Made with classic flavors like kosher salt and ground black pepper, but then we threw in a little chili powder and paprika as well as thyme for some spice and earthy notes. This prime rib seasoning recipe is going to take your prime rib to the next level!
Best Ever Prime Rib Seasoning
I am all about the classic salt and pepper seasoning on a prime rib, BUT sometimes you want to take up a notch – that is where this recipe comes in! Packed with so much flavor and even a little bite for the chili powder (not too much, just a tad). Take your prime rib to the next level with this!
Why This Recipe Works
- Salt + Pepper + MORE: we added in the classic salt and pepper … but then we took it to the next level!
- Bite: with just a little bit of chili powder we gave this seasoning some teeth – not too much that it is over-powering, but enough that it rounds out the flavor and compliments the beef nicely.
- Earthy: the more earthy flavors of rosemary, onion and thyme finish off the seasoning perfectly.
What You Will Need
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: you gotta start with the basics!
- dried rosemary + onion powder + thyme: these are our earthy flavors that mellow out the flavor and almost bring an acidity to it.
- garlic powder: because you always gotta have a little garlic!
- chili pepper + paprika: these two add that little tiny bit of bite.
Other Prime Rib Recipes
How to Make Prime Rib Seasoning
Grab your seasonings from your pantry and add to a bowl. Stir to combine.
Rub all over your prime rib … every little nook and cranny!
Make your prime rib however you want – we love this recipe!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Prime Rib Seasoning – a delicious, simple prime rib seasoning recipe that is perfect for all your prime rib recipes!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Use on your favorite prime rib recipe (we love this one)!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in a closed pantry for up to 6 months.
- Salt + Pepper: if you want something a little more classic I would recommend just sticking with kosher salt and ground black pepper – simple, but so good with prime rib!
Keywords: prime rib seasoning