Dairy-Free Green Bean Casserole – your classic holiday side dish, but dairy-free!
Add this to your holiday menu!!!
I absolutely LOVE green bean casserole – it is always on our table at both Thanksgiving and Christmas! But, it usually is made with that canned cream of mushroom soup that I am not a huge fan of. So, I created a recipe for dairy-free cream of mushroom soup and then tested it out in your classic green bean casserole recipe …and it worked perfectly. So I am super excited to share the recipe with you guys today!!!
I have had so much fun sharing all of these yummy Thanksgiving recipes with you guys over the past week! Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays – spending the day cooking is my favorite thing – especially surrounded by family and friends. And I love sharing a little healthier versions of the classic holiday recipes (like this Paleo Sweet Potato Pie Bake) but also some not-so-healthy side dishes (like this apple yam bake) because… you gotta have balance! 🙂
Next week will be a little light on new recipes on the blog since I know many of you will be busy finalizing your menus, shopping and spending time with family :). And I will be doing the same!!! I hope you guys have an absolutely amazing Thanksgiving and I hope you are spending it with people you love!
Again, you will need the recipe for my Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup for this recipe!!
- 1.5lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 – 2.5 cups dairy-free cream of mushroom soup (recipe on the blog)
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1.5 cups fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place green beans in 9×13 baking pan.
- Add soup, red pepper and 1/2 cup of the fried onions.
- Mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out pan and sprinkle remaining fried onions on top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- (Note: after 30 minutes the fresh green beans will be well-cooked, but still firm. If you want the green beans not-so-firm, cook there for an additional 10 minutes or so before putting the extra fried onions on top.)
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.