Prime Rib Au Jus is a flavorful and delicious dipping sauce for your classic prime rib recipe. We use the drippings as a base to create an au jus recipe that is a must-make for your prime rib dinner!
Easy Prime Rib Au Jus
One of my favorite recipes of all time is Prime rib and we make it quite often on Christmas Eve and other special occasions. I love how rich and delicious it is – and actually how easy it is to make! It is even better though if you have some Homemade Prime Rib Au Jus to go with it!
Why This Recipe Works
- Drippings: this is really the most important part of this whole recipe – the drippings are the key a delicious and flavorful au jus. Make sure you are scraping all of those little bits up from the bottom and adding that into your saucepan.
- Flavor: adding a bit of beef broth (use a high-quality brand) and some dry red wine just take this up a notch!
- Reduction: combine everything into a sauce pan and then simmering to allow everything to reduce will just intensify those delicious flavors.
What You Will Need
- Prime Rib drippings from : those precious drippings are the most important part of this recipe!
- beef broth: use a high-quality beef broth – this is not the time to skimp!
- dry red wine: it really helps round out the flavors.
- worcestershire sauce: this adds a bit of saltiness.
- kosher salt and ground black pepper: just a pinch of salt and pepper – of course taste and add more if you want.
Other Prime Rib Recipes
Don’t forget to make your own Prime Rib Seasoning and Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib – both are amazing and will take your recipe to the next level!
How to Make Prime Rib Au Jus
Gather your ingredients.
Those drippings from your prime rib are the most important part – that’s really were a lot of that amazing flavor comes from!
Add everything to a small sauce pan and let simmer – this will allow the mixture to reduce (or thicken) and intensify the flavor.
Let cool and serve with your favorite prime rib recipe!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Prime Rib Au Jus – an easy, simple and absolutely delicious prime rib au jus recipe that is a must-make for any prime rib recipe!
- drippings from Prime Rib
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1–2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan (make sure you get all the bits + juices from the bottom of your roasting pan).
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Let simmer 10-15 minutes or until the sauce reduces by about 1/4.
- Remove and let cool. Scrape off any floating bits of fat after cooling.
- Serve with your favorite prime rib recipe!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: prime rib au jus