Oven Baked Drumsticks – so simple and so versatile! The whole family will love them! (Whole30/Paleo)
Add these to your weekend menu ASAP!
Oven Baked Drumsticks
These little guys are so simple, crispy and delicious! They are what we reach for all the time on the weekends for a quick and easy meal. Whether they are smothered in your favorite sauce or not they are sure to be a winner.
How Do I Make Sure They are Done?
The most accurate way to know if they are fully cooked is to insert a meat thermometer into the thickest area of the wing but be careful to avoid the bone. If the internal temperature is below 165°F then continue baking and keep checking them every 5 minutes until they reach 165°F.
What are Some Sauces I Can Put on Them?
Sauces are actually really easy to make at home with ingredients that you probably already have. Here a couple of my favorite homemade sauces:
And if you want to keep it super simple the is my favorite store-bought sauce.
How to Make Oven Baked Drumsticks
Follow these simple steps to make the best oven baked chicken wings –
First, place your drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet with an oven-safe wire rack on top. Spray the wire rack with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 for about 35-40 minutes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!
Oven-Baked Drumsticks – a simple dinner that can be tossed in your favorite sauce!
- Approx. 12 medium-sized drumsticks
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Place an oven-safe wire rack on top and spray with olive oil.
- Place chicken wings on top, try not to let them touch, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, and let cook for 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked (internal temperature of 165 – I recommend using a meat thermometer).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve plain or with your favorite sauce!
- Cooking time will vary with size of drumsticks. If drumsticks are extra large they may need to be cooked a little longer, just use a meat thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked!
- This recipe can really be adapted for as many drumsticks as you can fit (without touching) on your wire rack.
Keywords: oven baked drumsticks