These homemade Almond Flour Chicken Tenders are made with less than 10 real, simple ingredients in about 30 minutes! They are the best chicken tenders that can be made right at home and the whole family will love them!
Easy Almond Flour Chicken Tenders
We are so excited to share this tried-and-true recipe for the best homemade chicken tenders! Pop these guys in the oven and 25 minutes later dinner is on the table. Perfect for dipping in some Whole30 Ranch or compliant ketchup and serve them with some Sweet Potato Cinnamon Sticks. They are a kid-favorite and the adults love them too! We also love serving them on top of our favorite salad recipes or put them in a wrap with some veggies and your favorite dressing. So versatile and so good!
Looking for more quick crispy chicken options? We absolutely LOVE these Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
What You Will Need
- boneless skinless chicken breast – some grocery stores will sell pre-cut chicken tenders or you can cut chicken breasts into tenders/strips yourself.
- almond flour – a perfect coating to make these chicken tenders nice and crisp!
- arrowroot powder – added to the dry ingredients to help bind things together.
- onion powder, garlic powder, & paprika – great combination of seasonings that really pack a flavor punch!
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – always a must when cooking any type of meat.
- eggs – this egg wash helps to hold the almond flour coating on the outside of the tenders.
How To Make Almond Flour Chicken Tenders
First, grab your favorite sharp kitchen knife and cut your thawed chicken breasts into tenders or strips.
Then prep your chicken tender stations. One bowl will have your dry ingredients mixed together and another bowl will have your whisked egg wash.
Begin this process by placing chicken tenders (1 or 2 at a time) in the egg wash.
Let the excess egg wash fall off before moving them to the almond flour mixture.
Now place them in the almond flour dry ingredient mixture. Turn the tenders to coat completely.
Place the fully coated chicken tenders on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Pro tip: for added crispness, place them under the broiler for a few minutes on each side. Just make sure you keep an eye on them!
Best Ways To Serve Almond Flour Chicken Tenders
There are so many different ways to serve up these delicious little tenders! Keep it simple and just serve them with your favorite dipping sauces. We love homemade ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or the always classic, ketchup! You could also use them to top any of your favorite salad recipes, like crispy buffalo chicken salad, greek chicken salad, or chicken caesar salad. They are so versatile that you could also use them to make a chicken sandwich or chicken wrap! Share with us your favorite way to enjoy these tenders in the comments below!
- can I fry these tenders? Absolutely! We love to bake these tenders in the oven, but you could easily fry them too in a skillet on your stovetop or toss them in the air-fryer!
- storage: we love to make a double or triple batch in order to have plenty of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week. Simply store leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Whole30: if you are looking to keep these Whole30 or Paleo compliant, just make sure the dips or foods that you are serving them with are also compliant.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Almond Flour Chicken Tenders (Whole30 + Paleo) – Easy and incredibly delicious weeknight chicken tenders! Made with real, simple ingredients!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders/strips
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Crack both eggs in medium bowl and scramble with fork; set aside.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and paprika and mix together.
- Take large baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Line up the prep stations by placing chicken strips, next to your egg wash, then almond four mixture and then your cookie sheet.
- Take a chicken strip and completely submerge in egg wash.
- Let the excess egg wash fall off as you lift the chicken out of the wash.
- Place chicken in almond flour mixture and ensure it is completely covered in the mixture.
- Shake off the excess.
- Place on cookie sheet and then repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through (flip gently).
- If you want a crispier outside feel free to place under the broiler for a minute or two (just watch carefully so they don’t burn).
- Serve immediately with compliant ranch dressing, ketchup or bbq sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 tenders
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 552.8 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Protein: 32.9 g
- Cholesterol: 175.7 mg
Keywords: almond flour chicken tenders, whole30 chicken tenders, paleo chicken tenders
Originally published March 11, 2018 – photos have been updated.