Oven Baked Chicken Wings – super easy, simply delicious, and kid-friendly! Perfect for a crowd on game day! (Whole30/Paleo)
Keep them basic or smother them in your favorite sauce – YUM!
Oven Baked Chicken Wings
These little guys are on regular rotation in our house on the weekends and especially for game day. The kids like to keep them basic without any sauce and then my husband and I like to dress them up in the sauce – spicy, sweet, tangy – whatever we are feeling for the day.
How to Make your Chicken Wings Crispy
To make sure that your chicken wings are nice and crispy you will want to make sure they are as dry as possible before you put them on the wire rack. Use a paper towel to dry as much of each wing as you can. The drier they are the easier it is for them to get nice and crispy! Once they are dry, place them on the wire rack and try to keep them spaced out. When the wings are spaced out the heat is able to fully circulate around the wing giving you crispy deliciousness! Finally, they are ready to go in the oven and you have to do the hardest part….WAIT. After about 30 minutes keep an eye on the wings until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
How to Oven Bake Chicken Wings
Follow these simple steps to make the best oven baked chicken wings –
First, place your chicken wings on a foil-lined baking sheet with an oven-safe wire rack on top. Spray the wire rack with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 for about 30-35 minutes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Place an oven-safe wire rack on top and spray with olive oil.
- Place chicken wings on top, try not to let them touch, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, and let cook for 30-35 minutes or until fully cooked (internal temperature of 165).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve seasoned with salt and pepper or you can toss in your favorite sauce.
Keywords: Oven Baked Chicken Wings