How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam is coffee-lovers dream come true! Pair perfectly with some homemade cold brew, this is going to be your new favorite addition to any cold coffee drink!
What is Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
It is a sweetened cold foam famously used in a lot of Starbucks drinks, but it is so easy to replicate at home! You can make it with regular cream or, if you are dairy-free, you can use coconut milk (because it is nice and thick)!
What You Will Need
- coconut milk: we normally use this carton of coconut milk, but feel free to substitute any dairy-free creamer alternative. We like the coconut milk because of the high fat content – it froths up really nice. Of course, if you aren’t dairy-free then feel free to use regular milk (whole milk, heavy whipping cream or half-and-half will work the best, again because of the high fat content).
- maple syrup: if you want to use an alternative sweetener you can use honey or even just a simple syrup here.
- vanilla extract: we love the ease of using regular vanilla extract, but you can get extra fancy and use vanilla paste as well! Do what works best for you!
- Cold Brew Coffee: serving it over homemade cold brew is SO good and such a treat in the summer!!
- Iced Coffee: you can also just brew some regular coffee (or make instant coffee), put it in the fridge to cool and then serve with your sweet cream cold foam!
- Iced London Fog: feel free to use it in an iced london fog and use this as your creamer!
This does not store well after you froth it, but feel free to combine your ingredients together in larger batches and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week! Then, froth it in small batches as you need it!
How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Step One: Gather your ingredients.
Step Two: decide how you want to make your cold foam. You can use : milk frother, French press or hand frother!
Milk Frother Method
This is probably my go-to method (although the other methods work just as well) – you simply add your ingredients to your frother and press “cold stir” – it’s that easy!
French Press Method
Using the French Press method is super easy as well! Just add your ingredients to your French Press and then pump up and down until the cream is frothy.
Hand Frother Method
A hand frother is reasonably inexpensive and works great as well! Just addy our ingredients to a glass measuring cup (or another vessel you prefer) and froth for a couple minutes. That’s it!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam – an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to make sweet cream cold foam at home!
- 3/4 cup coconut milk* (regular milk works if you aren’t dairy-free)
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add coconut milk (or other dairy-free creamer), maple syrup and vanilla extract to a glass measuring cup.
- Stir to combine.
- Froth with hand frother for 2-3 minutes or until it is nice and frothy.
- Add coconut milk (or other dairy-free creamer), maple syrup and vanilla extract to a french press.
- Stir to combine.
- Pump french press for about 1 minute or two or until it has reached your desired frothiness.
- Add coconut milk (or other dairy-free creamer), maple syrup and vanilla extract to a milk frother.
- Stir to combine.
- Turn dial to “cold foam” or “cold stir” and press start.
- Serve over your favorite cold/iced coffee or tea drink. We love it with our homemade cold brew!
- Coconut Milk: I prefer this carton coconut milk – it gets so frothy and works so well!
- Other Dairy-Free Alternatives: feel free to substitute any other dairy-free alternative instead of the coconut milk. They all froth a little differently (and can vary from brand to brand).
- Maple Syrup Substitute: you can use simple syrup or even honey if you want instead of the maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract: you can use vanilla paste if you prefer, but we really like the ease of just using some good, organic vanilla extract.
Keywords: how to make sweet cream cold foam