Zesty Italian Pasta Salad – your go-to summer pasta salad for all your cookouts and get-togethers!
Best Ever Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
We are all about a great cook out around here (you have to check out our grilled recipes and smoked recipes – so many to choose from) and that includes the perfect side pasta salad to share. This is a recipe I grew up making and it just always hits the spot! Serve with Smoked Beer Can Chicken, some Grilled Sweet Corn and Smoked Baked Beans!
Why This Recipe Works
- Make Ahead: I love making this the day before a cookout – so easy and stores so well!
- Flavorful: packed with flavor and so many delicious ingredients!
- Versatile: you can mix and match ingredients (don’t like olives .. feel free to omit)!
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients
- pasta: I have always used multi-colored pasta for this, but use whatever works for you or whatever you have on hand,
- zesty Italian salad dressing: I tend to buy store-bought for this to keep things simple.
- McCormick Perfect Pinch – Salad Supreme seasoning: super easy!
- black olives + green olives: I love olives so the more the merrier!
- cucumber: I actually really like using English cucumbers for this too!
- tomatoes: feel free to really use any kind – cherry tomatoes, roma, beefsteak, etc.
How to Make Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
Cook your pasta al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add ingredients to a medium bowl.
Stir to combine and then taste – add additional dressing or seasoning, as-desired.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad – a classic Italian pasta salad recipe that is perfect for cookouts and summer get-togethers!
- 12oz multi-colored fusilli pasta
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing (more as-needed)
- 1/4 cup McCormick Perfect Pinch – Salad Supreme seasoning (more as-needed)
- 1/2 can large black olives, pitted (approx. 20 olives, sliced into 2–3 slices each)
- 1/2 small jar green olives (approx. 20 olives, sliced into 2–3 slices each)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 large beefsteak or 3 Roma tomatoes, diced (or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place drained pasta into medium/large mixing bowl.
- Add black olives, green olives, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Pour in dressing and 2-3 tablespoons of the seasoning.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Taste and add additional Salad Supreme and Italian dressing until desired taste and consistency is reached.
- Feel free to add additional olives (black or green), tomatoes or cucumber as desired.
- Can be served immediately, but does taste better after sitting a day in fridge.
- If served the next day, take remaining Italian dressing and pour enough over salad to reach desired consistency as the pasta will continually soak up the dressing.
- Gluten-Free Noodles: feel free to use gluten-free noodles
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other add-ins: feel free to add in some pepperoni if you want.
Keywords: zesty italian pasta salad
Originally published July 10, 2016.