This delicious recipe for a super easy Matcha Smoothie is going to be your new go-to breakfast or healthy snack option! Made with real, simple ingredients that is perfect for enjoying on those hot summer days.
The Best Matcha Smoothie Recipe
A warm matcha latte or iced matcha latte have been our favorite ways to start the day in the winter or summer, but this matcha green tea smoothie might just be the new winner. And if you don’t find us enjoying one for a quick breakfast, you better believe that we will be in the afternoon for a healthy energy boost!
The combination of the matcha green tea powder with the natural sweetness of the maple syrup and banana, plus some added nutrition from the hemp seeds and fresh spinach make this the best green smoothie recipe you have ever had!
If you are looking for another delicious smoothie recipe? We have a full post on 15+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes – trust us when we say we know how to make a delicious and healthy smoothie!
What You Will Need
- frozen banana – any time we have some over ripe bananas, we toss them in a silicone bag in the freezer so that we always have some on hand for our favorite smoothies.
- almond milk – this will keep your smoothie recipe dairy-free, but feel free to use any milk alternatives, like oat milk, coconut milk, or dairy milk.
- matcha tea powder – you should be able to pick some up at your local grocery store. It has a slightly earthy flavor, make sure you grab the highest quality matcha. It can really make a difference.
- vanilla extract & ground cinnamon – both added for a little bit of flavor!
- ice cubes – added as the thickener so add as much or as little as you want to reached desired thickness.
- maple syrup – perfect for a touch of sweetness.
- fresh baby spinach – option to swap with other leafy greens, like fresh kale.
- hemp seeds – adds some protein, but can also be omitted.
- optional ingredient: collagen powder and/or whipped cream (or coconut cream).
How To Make A Matcha Smoothie
The first steps to making this creamy matcha smoothie recipe is to gather the ingredients.
Now place all of those ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Blend on the high setting until it reaches your desired creamy texture. For best results, pause the blending to scrap down the sides.
Pour in to your favorite glass and enjoy!
- Smoothie Add-Ins: in the recipe card we used hemp seeds and listed collagen powder as an option. Other great options we recommend are ground flax, protein powder, chia seeds, or a scoop of your favorite nut butter. Any of these would make an excellent addition!
- Meal Prep: this easy recipe would be a great option for placing in a freezer-safe bag, store in the freezer, and just blend it up when you are ready to enjoy it!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Matcha Smoothie – a delicious and flavorful matcha smoothie made from simple, real ingredients! The perfect start to any day!
- 1 small frozen banana (1/2 large frozen banana)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (more if desired)
- handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- (optional) 1 tablespoon unflavored/unsweetened collagen (more if desired)
- (optional topping) whipped cream
- Add ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on HIGH until consistency is smooth. Taste and add additional matcha powder or maple syrup, as desired.
- To make thicker, add additional ice cubes.
- To thin, add additional splashes of almond milk.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Flavor: matcha is a smooth, lighter flavor so it won’t be over-powering here.
- Milk: really any milk should work in this recipe.
- Hemp Seeds: I like adding these for extra protein and health benefits, but feel free to omit.
- Nutrition Facts: estimated nutrition does not include the optional collagen or whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 126 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: matcha smoothie