This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad recipe is complete with perfectly grilled corn, creamy mayo, authentic seasonings, and zesty lime. If you’re one of the many fans of our beloved Mexican Street Corn Salad, get ready for the same amazing flavor plus a fuller bite thanks to tender pasta, making this a perfect side dish for your next summer bbq.
The Best Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
When we received so many rave reviews for our Mexican Street Corn salad, burger, and nachos, we were inspired to give this blog favorite new life by turning it into a pasta salad! The fun ridges of radiatori pasta scoop up the delicious creamy dressing and are the perfect addition to crunchy corn and bright summer flavors. Level up your taco Tuesdays with this fun and unexpected side dish!
What You Will Need
- radiatori pasta – An unexpected little pasta that is perfect for pasta salads, soups, and casseroles.
- grilled corn – Fresh sweet corn adds juicy little bites of grilled corn add just the right amount of crunch and sweetness.
- mayo – A must to get that creamy texture that we all know and love.
- feta cheese – A rich cheese that adds a bit of tang and saltiness.
- fresh cilantro – One of our favorite summer herbs that brings a subtle lemon and pepper flavor.
- garlic – An essential ingredient to add a depth of flavor throughout.
- chili powder – Just a bit goes a long way to add a subtle spicy undertone.
- paprika – A classic subtly sweet flavor that levels up this delicious dish.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – Cabinet staples to make this dish shine its brightest.
- red onion – A pop of color and a bit of heat to balance out the creaminess.
- cotija cheese – Equal parts creamy, milky, and mild.
How To Make Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Start by gathering and measuring your dressing ingredients. This makes the assembly process a breeze.
Next, cook your pasta al dente according to the package instructions. Then rinse with cold water, drain, and place your cooked pasta in a large bowl.
Trust us when we tell you that grilling your corn is worth it. Taking the extra 10-15 minutes will add an undeniable smokey flavor to this pasta dish. But for when life gets busy, feel free to use frozen corn (thawed) or canned corn (drained). Once you grilled corn is cooled enough to handle, cut the kernels off of the corn cob with a sharp knife and set them aside.
Now the easy part! Place the mayo, feta, cilantro, fresh lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, red onion, cojita cheese, and freshly grilled corn kernels into the same large bowl as the pasta.
Give everything a good stir to ensure every bit is covered with that delicious cream sauce and seasoning blend, giving you a pasta salad that the whole family is sure to love.
- Corn – This pasta salad is best with fresh corn, but frozen or canned will work if you’re in a time crunch.
- Pasta – Feel free to use any small pasta shape of your liking.
- Storage – Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Since this pasta tends to soak up excess moisture, you may need to add a bit more mayo to help revive it back to its creamy state.
Made this delicious side dish and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is a delicious and easy spin on your classic elote salad! Perfect for your next cookout!
- 1/2 lb radiatori pasta, cooked al dente**
- 6 ears of grilled corn, kernels cut off*
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled (more if desired)
- Pasta: Cook pasta al dente. Rinse with cold water to cool, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine: Meanwhile, grill your corn and add corn kernels, mayo, feta, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, red onion and cotija cheese to the bowl.
- Taste: Stir to combine. Taste and add additional lime juice, salt or other ingredients, per your taste.
- Serve: Serve immediately and garnish with additional fresh cilantro, red onion, cotija cheese and lime wedges.
- *Corn: you can sub for frozen corn (thaw before use) or even canned corn (drained) if you are in a pinch, but for best results use the grilled corn listed above.
- **Pasta: feel free to use any small pasta shape you want here.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You may need to add a bit more mayo to help revive it after sitting – the pasta tends to soak up excess moisture so without adding more mayo it may taste dry after sitting.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 256.7 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.2 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 13.8 mg
Keywords: mexican street corn pasta salad