We have the perfect new spin on sheet pan nachos for you – Mexican Street Corn Nachos!! They are full of all the classic elote flavors and melty cheese on top of crisp corn tortilla chips. Perfect for an easy lunch/dinner or a game day appetizer!
The Best Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Every summer we are making Mexican street corn salad on repeat at our house and one day we had some leftover and we came up with the best idea ever – Mexican street corn nachos! So simple, but such a great way to breathe life into a bowl of leftovers. It is so easy!
Simply smother a large sheet pan of melty nachos with the leftover street corn salad and then toss on some fresh tomato, cilantro, & red onion after it bakes for a bit! They are definitely going to be on regular rotation at our house this summer and into the fall for football game days!
Love Mexican Street Corn – try our Mexican Street Corn Dip!
What You Will Need
- corn – if you have the time, we love grilled sweet corn but you could also use canned corn.
- mayo – this helps to bind all the ingredients of the salad together. You could also sub in sour cream or greek yogurt if you prefer!
- feta cheese & shredded cheese – option to use regular or dairy free.
- cilantro – a little in the street corn salad and a little for sprinkling on top of the nachos!
- lime juice – provides some fresh flavor and a little acidity to help round out some of the other flavors.
- garlic, chili powder, & kosher salt – these are bringing some of the essential flavors of the dish.
- red onion – love the little bit of bite this adds! Feel free to sub in some green onion if you prefer!
- cotija cheese – the flavor of this is out of this world, just try it!
- tortilla chips – as the base of the nachos, we just recommend you get sturdy tortilla chips that can handle all the goodness you are about to pile on top!
- toppings: fresh cilantro, red onion, guacamole, sour cream, or anything else that sounds good to you.
Tips For Cooking The Corn
In our opinion the best way to cook the corn for the salad part of these nachos, is to grill the corn on the cob – hands down it gives the best flavor! You could prep the rest of the salad ingredients while the corn cooks on the grill. Checkout our post on How To Grill Sweet Corn for step-by-step instructions! But we totally understand that you don’t always have the time. So you could also pop the ears of corn in the microwave with the husk still on, remove the corn from the husk and boil it, warm up some frozen corn, or use canned corn if you are really short on time.
How To Store Mexican Street Corn Salad
You can keep this salad in the fridge for 3-4 days, making it perfect for piling on top of a sheet pan of nachos in the couple days after you made the salad. Or you have the option of prepping the small batch in the recipe card below ahead of time, store in the fridge until you are ready to make the nachos.
How To Make Mexican Street Corn (Elote) Nachos
Begin by making a small batch of Mexican street corn salad.
Place a layer of tortilla chips on a parchment-lined baking sheet and then cover with shredded cheese.
Next, pile on the Mexican street corn salad.
Then another layer of chips, shredded cheese, and cover in more street corn salad.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes and then garnish with fresh toppings.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Pulled Pork Nachos
Mexican Street Corn Burger
Ultimate Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner/Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Mexican Street Corn Nachos – an easy and delicious recipe for Mexican Street Corn Nachos!! Perfect for an appetizer or easy weeknight dinner!
Mexican Street Corn Salad (small batch):
- 3 ears grilled corn or canned corn (drained) (approx. 2 cups corn)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (regular or dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2–3 tablespoon red onion, diced
- grated cotija cheese (as much or as little as you want)
- 8–12oz tortilla chips
- 3–4 cups shredded cheese, divided
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro, additional green onions, guacamole, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prep your Mexican Street Corn (unless you are using leftovers).
- Place a piece of parchment on top of a cookie or baking sheet.
- Place a thin layer of chips down and then about half the cheese followed by half the Mexican Street Corn.
- Lay down the other half of the chips on top followed by the rest of the cheese and Mexican Street Corn Salad. Top with any remaining cheese if you want.
- Place in the oven (middle rack) for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions, guacamole or sour cream.
- Dairy-Free: use dairy-free feta in the Mexican Street Corn Salad and dairy-free cheese on the nachos!
- Leftovers: this is a great recipe to make with leftover Mexican Street Corn or Mexican Street Corn Salad!
Keywords: mexican street corn nachos
Leave a Rating & Comment