This Paleo Banana Bread is a simple, tried-and-true recipe that is moist and delicious! Perfect for quick breakfast or snack! It is kid-approved and one of our favorite weekend baking projects.
Easy Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Classic banana bread was staple of our childhood! We loved enjoying this for a quick breakfast or after-school snack. Now we continue this traditional way of using over-ripe bananas to make a homemade banana bread with our kids. We did adjust the recipe a bit to get a slightly healthier spin on the classic. Hopefully you love this simple recipe as much as we do!
Looking for another quick breakfast option? We also have a Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread that is so good!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Texture – the texture of this banana bread is so moist, light, & fluffy that you would never guess that’s paleo and gluten free!
- Family friendly – banana bread never lasts long in our house! It is something that the whole family inhales as soon as it pops out of the oven.
- Easy – this recipe comes together with only 6 ingredients! Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then together, and bake in the oven – so simple!
What You Will Need
- bananas – the only sweetening ingredient in this banana bread recipe! Perfect way to use over-ripe bananas sitting on the counter.
- egg – a binding agent for holding this fluffy bread together.
- paleo baking flour – just grab your favorite from your local grocery store, we used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour.
- baking soda & kosher salt – needed for adding structure and rising during the baking process.
- ghee – you can also use a plant-based butter or regular butter if you aren’t concerned with keeping it paleo.
- optional: banana cut lengthwise for garnish.
How To Make Paleo Banana Bread
First you can begin by smashing your fresh bananas in a medium mixing bowl with a fork.
Now add the beaten egg and mix well with a whisk or large spoon.
In a separate large bowl, mix you dry ingredients together.
Next, it is time to mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then add melted ghee. Use a large wooden spoon to fully combine all of the ingredients.
Then pour the banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan.
Optional – garnish the top with a banana sliced lengthwise. It just looks great on top but is not necessary for the bread to turn out.
Place the loaf pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
Let the banana bread cool completely before slicing.
- Bananas: you can use fresh bananas or grab some out of the freezer, let them thaw, and then mash! Checkout our easy tutorial that shows you the best ways to freeze bananas.
- How long can I store it? It can be stored on the counter for up to 4 days.
- Can I freeze banana bread? Yes! After it comes out of the oven let it cool completely and then wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in a freezer safe container. It will last in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw in fridge or at room temperature.
- Let fully cool: I repeat – let fully cool! Especially with gluten-free baking it is especially important to let them cool and the moisture/steam escape. Once they are cooled they will be light and fluffy on the inside!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Paleo Banana Bread – a simple, tried-and-true paleo banana bread recipe that is moist and delicious! Perfect for breakfast or snack!
- 1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 egg, beaten (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups paleo baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted (or coconut oil)
- Optional: extra banana to cut lengthwise to use as garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loach pan; set aside.
- Measure mashed bananas into a medium bowl.
- Add beaten egg; mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Mix in melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Optional: take extra banana and carefully cut a think strip and place on the top of the loaf; gently pressing down into the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let rest 5 minutes in the pan; carefully use spatula to loosen sides and then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Let it cool: you MUST let this paleo banana bread cool completely before slicing! Always a must when paleo baking.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 233.6 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 24.7 mg
Keywords: paleo banana bread