Paleo Blueberry Muffin Bread + Vanilla Glaze – the perfect way to start your morning!
This post is sponsored by The Feed Feed and Driscoll’s®, but the opinions are my own.
This is a perfect recipe for a weekend brunch or to make ahead for weekday breakfast!
I don’t know about you guys, but weekend breakfasts are kind of a big deal at our house. No one is rushing around, we are just in our jammies, sipping on some cold brew (maybe some hot chocolate for the girls) and, if I am really on top of my game, I get up a little early and make some of this homemade Paleo Blueberry Muffin Bread + Vanilla Glaze and have it just coming out of the oven when everyone else gets up! Weekend morning perfection.
And, luckily, there are always some extra Driscoll’s® blueberries (how are they always so perfect?!) for the girls to munch on while the bread cools :-).
What we love about Driscoll’s here in our house is that they spend so much time focusing on the quality of their berries and have invested a lot of energy into selectively breeding only the best Blueberries, so we know that what we bring home will be incredible, each and every time! They are the perfect snack to enjoy as a family and we never tire of them no matter how we prepare them!
Also, don’t forget the glaze!! It is so delicious!!!
Quick note, I have made this recipe A LOT and it seems to turn out just a little bit better in a glass loaf pan, for whatever reason! It still works in other loaf pans though! Also, here is the kind of coconut butter I used and I think that is why my glaze is so white!
The perfect recipe for a weekend brunch or to make ahead for weekday breakfast!
- 1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 egg, beaten (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups paleo flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons ghee, melted (feel free to omit if not part of your paleo diet)
- 1/2 cup fresh Driscoll’s blueberries
- 3 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside. (note: a glass loaf pan seems to work a little better)
- Measure mashed bananas into a medium bowl.
- Add beaten egg; mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Mix in melted ghee,
- Gently fold in blueberries,
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Optional: take extra banana and carefully cut a think strip and place on the top of the loaf; gently pressing down into the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let rest 5 minutes in the pan; carefully use spatula to loosen sides and then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Combine Glaze ingredients in small saucepan and stir while allowing to melt on medium low heat.
- Once melted and fully combined, pour over top bread and allow to cool.
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!