Easy Grilled Broccoli is so simple to make, you only need 3 ingredients and about 15 minutes! You will have perfectly tender, slightly charred broccoli to enjoy with all of your summer meals.
Quick & Easy Grilled Broccoli Recipe
On those busy weeknights, this side dish is a must! It is so simple, delicious, and healthy! The perfect addition to any meal, especially if you are grilling your main course. Just throw these veggies on the grill next to it and enjoy. Plus, the clean-up is minimal and in my book that is always a perk! Tossing broccoli on the grill gives it a really great smoky flavor that is so good! And if you really love smokey flavors you should also checkout our smoked broccoli recipe – another perfect side dish for your next cookout or bbq.
What You Will Need
- fresh broccoli florets – we love picking up fresh broccoli from the farmer’s market or the local grocery store works too.
- extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil – either will do the job to help perfectly brown and char the edges of the florets.
- kosher salt – the perfect simple seasoning for any grilled vegetables.
How To Cut Broccoli For Grilling
You can begin by cutting the large stalk off the broccoli and then you will want to keep going until you get a variety of smaller pieces or medium-sized florets. Make sure you don’t get them too small or they will become too charred before the other larger spears have a chance to cook.
Best Ways To Season Grilled Broccoli
There are so many different ways to season your broccoli! Either keep it simple with a sprinkling of kosher salt or you can really dress it up with some lemon juice, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, fresh herbs (parsley, thyme), balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, or even some pieces of bacon will really add some great taste.
What Can I Use Instead Of Aluminum Foil
Yes! You can purchase grill mats to use in place of aluminum foil and then after you use them you can clean them off and use them again! I have also made this recipe using a grill basket. Either would do the trick!
How To Serve Broccoli
We love adding this delicious side dish to a meal that we already have on the grill, such as some amazing grilled steaks, a pork tenderloin, or a spatchcock chicken. It’s so nice to just add it to the grill instead of getting another pan dirty.
- Can I keep leftovers? – store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Can I use broccolini? – Absolutely! We also love broccolini and have a post on that here.
- Can I add this to another dish? – Definitely! You could just cook the broccoli on the grill and then add it to another recipe, for some added protein, like broccoli bacon salad, vegan roasted garlic alfredo, teriyaki meatballs, or orange chicken.
How To Grill Broccoli
You can begin by preheating your grill to a medium-high heat and place your aluminum foil (or grill pan) on the grill grates to begin heating. While that is heating you can cut your broccoli into medium-sized florets, toss them in a large bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, massage the oil in with your hands, and sprinkle on the salt.
Let it cook, at a medium heat, for 6-8 minutes or until fork-tender on the inside and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Healthy Beef & Broccoli
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice
Sheet Pan Shrimp & Broccoli
Easy Grilled Broccolini
Easy Grilled Broccoli
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Easy Grilled Broccoli – A super simple side dish that you can throw on the grill with just about anything! (Whole30, Paleo, GF, & DF)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 2–3 teaspoon kosher salt
- Foil Tray: Take a large piece of foil and create a tray out of it by folding up the sides (alternatively you can use a grill pan).
- Preheat: Place on grill and close cover. Then preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle: Meanwhile, place broccoli in medium bowl or on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Massage: Using your hands massage the oil into every little nook and cranny of the broccoli.
- Cook: Place broccoli in foil tray and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Test: Check broccoli and continue cooking in 2 minute increments, as desired, until it is done to your liking.
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- Broccolini: Here is a recipe for Grilled Broccolini
- Additions: You can toss in some fresh lemon juice, garlic or even red pepper flakes to liven up this recipe!
- Leftovers: Leftover grilled broccoli actually keep pretty well! Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Keywords: Grilled Broccoli, How to Grill Broccoli
Leave a Rating & Comment