Sautéed Zucchini Recipe – a simple side dish that goes perfectly with any meal!
Sautéed Zucchini Recipe
I have a running list of go-to side dishes in my head that are simple, easy and that my kids like – this is one of them. Right up there with my Roasted Broccolini and Shaved Brussel Sprouts, this takes little to no time and is always a crowd-pleaser!!!
Do you peel the zucchini before you sauté it
Nope! I would wash it with some 50/50 vinegar and water, but no you don’t have to peel it! You have to be careful with zucchini not to get it too mushy and I, personally, feel like it helps keep that firmness (that and not cooking it too long!).
What meat goes well with sautéed zucchini
Really any kind! We like to keep it simple so I would suggest a perfectly grilled steak, grilled chicken breasts or simple pork chops!
How to store sautéed zucchini
Store sautéed zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days (after that it might start to get a little soggy).
Other recipes you might like:Print
Sautéed Zucchini Recipe – a simple side dish that goes perfectly with any meal! A healthy, quick and easy side dish!
- 1–2 small zucchini cut into 1/2 inch slices and then halved again
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- Take 12 inch cast iron skillet and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of ghee and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add zucchini and move around fairly constantly with spatula.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, continuing to move around, or until zucchini is heated through, but still firm.
- Taste along the way to ensure you don’t over-cook and for seasoning.
- Add additional salt and pepper, as desired and additional ghee if pan gets too dry.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Using smaller zucchini is recommended as they tend to get less mushy as they cook.
- Taste along the way to ensure you do not over-cook.
Keywords: sautéed zucchini recipe