This quick and easy Sautéed Zucchini is a simple side dish that goes perfectly with any meal! It will take less than 10 minutes to make and full of fresh flavor. We love to enjoy it with our Whole Roasted Chicken or Oven Baked Pork Chops!
Easy Sautéed Zucchini Recipe
I have a running list of go-to side dish recipes in my head that are simple, easy and that my kids like – this is one of them. Right up there with my Roasted Broccolini and Shaved Brussel Sprouts, this takes little to no time and is always a crowd-pleaser! Perfect for making in the late summer when fresh zucchini are popping out of the garden like crazy. A super easy side dish that always hits the spot!
Looking for another vegetable side dish? Try our Garlic Green Beans – another super easy recipe!
What You Will Need
- fresh zucchini – we love using green zucchini, but you could also use yellow squash or summer squash.
- ghee – just a little bit to help roast the zucchini in the hot skillet, option to swap with butter or extra virgin olive oil.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must. You could also add some garlic, lemon juice, or even a few red pepper flakes for a little bit of a kick.
How To Sauté Zucchini
For starters, you will need a large knife and cutting board to cut each zucchini into slices and then cut those slices in half. If you would like to see the step-by-step process you can checkout our tutorial on how to cut zucchini.
Do You Peel The Zucchini Before Cooking It
Nope! I would wash it with some 50/50 vinegar and water, but no you don’t have to peel it! You have to be careful with zucchini to not overcook it, because it will get mushy very quickly. It actually helps the firmness of the zucchini to leave the peel on.
Bring a cast iron skillet to a medium heat, add the ghee to melt, and then toss in the slices of zucchini along with some kosher salt and black pepper.
Move the zucchini around in the pan to cook for about 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
What To Serve With Sautéed Zucchini
This is such a simple side dish that it will compliment just about anything! We like to keep it simple so we would suggest a perfectly grilled steak, grilled chicken breasts or simple pork chops! You could also serve them alongside your favorite shrimp or air fryer salmon, if seafood is more your thing.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Sautéed Zucchini Recipe – a simple side dish that goes perfectly with any meal! A healthy, quick and easy side dish!
- 1–2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices and then in half
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and swirl to coat the pan.
- Toss in the zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, continuing to move around, or until zucchini is heated through, but still firm.
- Taste along the way to ensure you don’t overcook and for seasoning.
- Add additional salt and pepper, as desired and additional ghee if pan gets too dry.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Zucchini: using a smaller zucchini is recommended as they tend to get less mushy as they cook.
- Storage: we highly recommend enjoying this sautéed zucchini right away, it tends to get pretty mushy in the reheating process.
Keywords: sautéed zucchini recipe, sautéed zucchini