If you haven’t tried Smoked Pineapple yet, now is the time! As the pineapple cooks in the smoker the natural sugars begin to crystalize into the perfect amount of sweetness that pairs well with your favorite chicken and pork recipes!
Easy & Delicious Smoked Pineapple
We love tossing just about anything on our Traeger smoker for all that delicious smokey flavor! And this pineapple is no exception. For years we have been cooking pineapple slices on the grill, but now that we have tried it on the smoker it might just be our new favorite way to eat it as a side dish or as a dessert (with extra honey!)!
Try this smoked pineapple with our Hawaiian Chicken recipe!
What You Will Need
- pineapple – we love using fresh pineapple slices, but you can also smoke it by just cutting a whole pineapple in half.
- olive oil – simply brush it on to help roast the pineapple.
- honey – just a little for some added sweetness or omit if you prefer it to be less sweet.
- kosher salt – just a pinch because everything is better with a bit of salt.
Can You Smoke Pineapple
Absolutely! The natural sugars of the pineapple caramelize slightly for the most delicious side dish or addition to your favorite dessert. If you haven’t tried it, you must! So good!
How To Smoke Pineapple
You can begin by carefully slicing your cored pineapple into thick slices. Then mix the olive oil and honey together and lightly brush on your pineapple.
Next, place the pineapple slices directly not the grill grates of a preheated smoker at 225 degrees F for 30-45 minutes.
Then enjoy with any of your favorite recipes!
Best Ways To Serve Smoked Pineapple
There are so many different ways you can serve smoked pineapple. We love enjoying it with some Hawaiian Chicken, Pulled Pork Tacos, or with a Honey Glazed Ham. In addition to those delicious options you could also enjoy it on some vanilla ice cream for dessert or on the rim of a creamy pineapple smoothie!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Smoker
- Cuisine: American
Smoked Pineapple (halves + slices) – a simple, delicious and easy smoked pineapple recipe! Perfect as a side dish or dessert!
- 1 pineapple, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- Ensure grill grates are clean and preheat smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Pat sliced pineapple dry with clean paper towel.
- Combine oil and honey in a small bowl; stir or whisk to combine.
- Brush both sides with the oil/honey mixture; sprinkle with pinch of salt (not to much).
- Place on smoker directly on the grill grates.
- Let smoke 30-45 minutes.
- Remove and cut into chunks and use in your favorite recipes (we love serving with our Hawaiian Chicken).
- Oil/Honey: you can just use oil if you don’t want any added sweetness.
- Storage: these are best eaten right away, they tend to get a bit soggy if you try and store them.
- Serving ideas: these are great with Pulled Pork Tacos, Mango Pineapple Salsa or Hawaiian Chicken.
Keywords: smoked pineapple
Leave a Rating & Comment