Easy Smoked Broccoli – learn how to make an easy and delicious smoked broccoli recipe that everyone will love! The perfect side dish!
Easy Smoked Broccoli
This simple tutorial will cover everything you need to know about making nice, crisp smoked broccoli. It is an easy side dish for adding to the smoker when you are already in the process of making a Smoked Pork Shoulder, a Smoked Beer Can Chicken, or any of your other favorite smoked recipes. You have to try it!
What You Will Need
- broccoli – you will want to cut your fresh broccoli into medium-sized florets.
- olive or avocado oil – either works to help give the broccoli a really nice, crisp texture.
- kosher salt – just a sprinkle because everything is better with a little salt, especially veggies!
What Temperature Do You Smoke Vegetables At
We smoked this broccoli at 225 degrees F for about 30-60 minutes, depending on how crisp or soft you prefer your broccoli. Typically, we keep it more on the crisp side.
Spice Options to Add On Top Of The Broccoli
The recipe below is written to be a simple option, but if you want to jazz it up at all you can easily sprinkle on some garlic, lemon, red pepper flakes, or any other spices that sound good to you! Once it is done smoking you could also sprinkle on some parmesan cheese – so good!
How To Make Smoked Broccoli
Either place your broccoli florets in a grill basket or in an aluminum foil boat. Drizzle on the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt.
Place on the smoker at 225 degrees F for 30-60 minutes.
Once they have reached your desired crispness, take them off the smoker.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Smoked Broccoli – learn how to make an easy and delicious smoked broccoli recipe that everyone will love! The perfect side dish!
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- olive or avocado oil
- kosher salt
- Set smoker temp to 225 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (bite-sized pieces).
- Prepare a grill basket or use a piece of heavy duty foil to create a basket; if using foil I recommend spraying with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the broccoli in the basket. Drizzle broccoli with olive oil and sprinkle generously with kosher salt. Massage oil into the broccoli so it’s coated all over.
- Place basket of prepared broccoli on the smoker and close the lid.
- Let smoke for 30-60 minutes or until they have reached your desired doneness.*
- Remove and serve immediately.
- *Smoke Time: the ultimate smoke time will depend upon a variety of factors including humidity, outdoor temp, hot spots on your smoker, etc. It will also depend upon how you like your broccoli cooked. For a more firm broccoli you might want to pull it off at the 30 minute mark. If you want a softer broccoli, then an hour or so might be better for you. You can also smoke for longer than an hour, but at around the 90 minute mark the broccoli will start to shrivel up a bit. If you want a REALLY soft broccoli I would recommend steaming the florets for a few minutes before smoking.
- Check along they way: given the nature of smoking I would check their progress along the way using these times as your guideline!
Keywords: smoked broccoli