Easy Cinnamon Sweet Potato Sticks – a simple and delicious snack or side dish that is vegan and Whole30 compliant!
Perfect for meal-prepping or an easy, quick side dish or snack – I always make sure I have some of these Easy Cinnamon Sweet Potato Sticks on hand!
Okay you guys, I am pumped to share this recipe because it is literally something I make every week. Seriously. We keep a container of these guys in the fridge at all times. I make a huge batch of them once a week and then we throw them in as a side dish for dinner, toss them alongside some scrambled eggs or just grab a couple when I am hungry for a snack (I put some in this Autumn Goddess Bowl too). They are vegan and Whole30 compliant – oh and they taste delicious ?
So what are they exactly – welllll, they aren’t quite a French fry, they are a bit bigger than that and softer…. so that’s why I went with “stick.” You can use any kind of sweet potato you want and the recipe is soooo easy. You barely even need to measure anything. If you are doing a Whole30 or are just looking for some healthy and easy side dishes – I am telling you that this is perfect (completely kid-friendly too!).
I usually dip it in either a mustard-mayo (literally just combine some mayo and yellow mustard) or ranch. Wholesisters have amazing “dump” recipes on their site for both homemade Whole30 ranch and mayo – I have been making them so much lately that I have made a few tweaks and will be sharing my own versions with you guys soon!
I am keeping tonight short and sweet – it may be Wednesday night, but it has been a looooong week already (…. and, admittedly, Mike and I just watched 2 (okay 3) episodes of Secretary of State on Netflix and it is now WAY past my bedtime….I rock). I have so many awesome recipes in store for you guys though – can’t wait to share them all with you!! I know this one is pretty simple, but I swear it is one of my absolute favorites. So simple, but seriously so good. I really hope you try it out!
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Take your sweet potatoes and cut them into large strips (approx ½ inch thick) and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil until all the potatoes are very lightly coated.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and pinch of salt and toss.
- Ensure all potatoes are covered in a nice layer of cinnamon.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Check after 20 minutes and bake for additional 5 minute increments if not done to your liking.