Warm Greek Pasta is a comforting, one-pot, meatless meal that your entire family will enjoy.
This little bowl of Warm Greek Pasta is actually a bowl of happiness and comfort. Sent from me to you. Make it when you need a pick me up or a hug. When the world seems just a little too cruel …. too hard. It should be made with love and extra attention, although it is really quite simple. Cuddle up on the couch with it, with a glass of wine, put on a movie that makes you happy (Miracle, The Proposal, Love Actually…..what – just a few subtle suggestions) or eat it around your dinner table, laughing and talking with your loved ones. It is ever so simple, as so many wonderful things actually are, yet savory and delightful.
It’s warm. It is savory (olives), it has cheese (feta), bright, fresh tomatoes, shallots…. all drizzled in olive oil. It, of course, resembles a greek salad (I seriously have an obsession with Greek Salads and their various ingredients…. See: Greek Salad Sandwich and Greek Salad Tapenade). But it is oh-so-simple!
Boil your water. While it is boiling, cut up your tomatoes, shallots and feta. Cook your noodles al dente, drain and return to pot. Add all of your ingredients, stir and serve. Seriously – that ‘s it. Go ahead and serve with chicken if you want, but it is damn good all by its lonesome.
- 1 box fettuccine
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4-6 oz Feta cheese, diced or crumbled (I used a block of feta and cut into chunks)
- 1 heaping cup of pitted kalamata olives
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ Teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- While water is coming to a boil and then while noodles are cooking, prep the remaining ingredients.
- Add fettuccine noodles and cook al dente.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add olive oil immediately and toss.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Add any additional salt to taste.
- Add any additional olive oil needed. If stored over night in fridge or if noodles dry out at all, simply add an additional Tablespoon or so of olive oil.
- Serve immediately.