These quick & easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs are slightly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside! Making them a perfect option for a quick lunch or dinner. The whole family will love these delicious hot dogs that cook up in less than 10 minutes!
Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs
We have been absolutely loving our air fryer lately! It is such a quick and easy way for making so many foods without any of the oil. Typically we love tossing hot dogs on the grill but if it’s a rainy day or if you don’t have a grill, the air fryer is a great option! It only takes a few minutes to have perfect crisp and juicy hot dogs for the whole family.
And if you are looking to do a fun spin on the classic hot dog, you should definitely checkout our Mummy Hot Dogs!
What You Will Need
- hot dogs – I love Applegate and True Story hot dogs – both so good!
- hot dog buns – feel free to grab your favorite – regular, whole wheat, gluten-free, etc! Or eat them without the bun!
- toppings – go with the classics like ketchup, mustard, relish, or get creative with onions, sauerkraut, or even chili!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Air Fried Hot Dogs
There are two different types of air fryers – oven-style or basket style. We used an oven-style air fryer for these hot dogs and it should only take about 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees. If you are using a basket-style air fryer it will take an extra minute or two more.
What Should I Serve With These Hot Dogs
Since these hot dogs are so easy, we love keeping the sides easy too! You could serve them with our favorite Siete chips, some simple steamed green beans, or easy herbed potatoes. Or if you want to serve them for a barbecue they would be great with an easy creamy coleslaw or Mexican street corn.
Storing Air Fried Hot Dogs
Once these hot dogs have cooled that can simply be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How To Make Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Begin by using a paring knife to make 4-5 shallow slits in the top of each hot dog.
Put your hot dogs in your air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching each other.
Place them in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes.
Enjoy any way you want!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Air Fryer Hot Dogs – learn how to make hot dogs in the air fryer! Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 4–6 hot dogs
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place hot dogs on a plate and use a paring knife to score them (just make shallow, little slits across each one width-wise – about 4-5 per hot dog).
- Place hot dogs in air fryer basket – ensure they aren’t touching.
- Place in air fryer and close.
- Let cook 5-7 minutes (for an oven-style it should be closer to 5 minutes – for a basket-style it will be closer to 6/7 minutes).
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Serve however you wish!
- Hot Dog Recommendations: I love Applegate and True Story hot dogs – both so good!
- Storage: store cooked hot dogs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Toppings: feel free to go beyond the traditional ketchup and mustard! Throw on some pickle relish, honey mustard, sauerkraut or use some leftover chili to make chili dogs!
Keywords: air fryer hot dogs