Simple Steamed Green Beans – a simple side dish that goes with any dinner! (gluten-free, dairy-free)
A weekly staple in our house!
Simple Steamed Green Beans Recipe
An easy side dish that is so versatile it can be part of a busy weeknight dinner or a big holiday meal! Plus, they are kid-friendly!!! These super easy green beans, my Simple Roasted Broccolini, and my Easy Sautéed Zucchini are on regular rotation at our house.
How do I prepare my green beans?
Simply give your fresh green beans a quick wash and then cut off the stems. You can leave the curled tip ends on. That’s it! So easy and they are ready to go.
What to Serve with Steamed Green Beans
How to Store Steamed Green Beans
Store steamed green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
A simple and delicious side dish for any meal!
- 10oz fresh, raw green beans
- salt and pepper
- Wash green beans and trim ends, if needed.
- Take medium saucepan and cover the bottom with water, about 1/2 inch.
- Place green beans inside, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, uncover and toss to ensure all of the green beans are turning bright green.
- Cover and turn down to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, take a medium bowl and fill with water and ice.
- Drain green beans and place in bowl of ice and water (this stops the cooking).
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
- You can also use a steaming insert in your pan, but this is just how I have always done it – no extra gadgets and really simple and easy!
- Serving suggestions: you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top; saute in some ghee, garlic and lemon zest; or saute in some coconut aminos with red pepper flakes!
- To store, place in airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: steamed green beans