Our Air Fryer Salmon Bites are crisp on the outside and keep the salmon juicy on the inside! Make them with our homemade salmon marinade for a quick meal that is packed with so much flavor. It will quickly become a new family favorite recipe for all those busy weeknights!
The Best Air Fryer Salmon Bites
As you know, we are BIG salmon fans over here and have been perfecting all the cooking techniques for making the perfect salmon recipes! From our blackened salmon to the best smoked salmon, there are so many different ways to cook salmon. Lately, we have been enjoying how easy it is to make air fryer salmon fillets, so why not make them into little salmon bites!? They cook faster and have more surface area coated in flavor and crisped to perfection! Perfect for serving in so many different ways as a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Love salmon – we also have an amazing Cedar Plank Salmon recipe that can be made right on the grill, perfect for summer!
What You Will Need
- fresh salmon filet – simply use a sharp knife to remove the salmon skin and cut the fillet into 1-inch cubes.
- avocado oil – option to sub with extra virgin olive oil and always a must when making a homemade marinade!
- fish sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, & worcestershire sauce – classic flavors that are the perfect compliment to salmon.
- soy sauce – feel free to use tamari if you wan to keep this easy recipe gluten-free.
- fresh garlic & ginger – fresh flavors that are so good!
- lemon zest – a little bit of acidity to amplify all of those great flavors.
- ground black pepper & kosher salt – simple seasonings that are always needed when making salmon.
- chili garlic paste – added for just a little kick of heat.
Then place all of the marinade/sauce ingredients in the recipe card in a small bowl or mason jar. Give the sauce a quick whisk if in a bowl or secure the lid and shake vigorously to fully combine.
Now pour half of the marinade over the salmon chunks in a shallow bowl. Let it marinate for at least 5 minutes before cooking. For best results, let it marinate for 30 minutes if you have the time.
Spray the air fryer basket with your favorite nonstick spray and preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees F for a few minutes.
Next, place the marinated salmon bites in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Try to ensure that the salmon are not touching for some nice, crispy edges.
Put the whole basket in the air fryer and let them cook for 5-7 minutes or until their internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F (use a meat thermometer). Option to shake the basked halfway through the cook time.
Carefully remove the crispy salmon bites from the basket with tongs and serve any way you want!
Best Way To Serve Air Fryer Salmon Bites
The options are endless! You can keep it simple by serving as a main dish over your favorite variety of rice (jasmine rice, brown rice, basmati rice, etc.) and drizzle the reserved marinade/sauce over the top for the most amazing flavor! We also love this quick and easy cooking method to prepare the salmon to use in our Blackened Salmon Bowl or our Soy Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl (both shown below). And if you are in need of another flavorful sauce, you have to make our salmon dill sauce!
These crispy air fryer salmon bites would also be great for tossing on your favorite salad or tacos!
- Skin on or off: for these easy-to-eat salmon bites we recommend cutting the skin off to make them easier to eat!
- What temperature should salmon be cooked at in the air fryer: we have tested these easy salmon bites a few times and have found that 400 degrees F works great!
- How long should I cook salmon bites in the air fryer: depending on how thick your salmon pieces are, we have found that ours are done after just 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Frozen salmon: you can absolutely use frozen salmon, but we recommend thawing the salmon, pat it dry with paper towels, and then place them in the marinade before cooking.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Air Fryer Salmon Bites – an easy and simple air fryer salmon bites recipe that is perfect for salmon rice bowls, tacos and more!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- olive oil cooking spray
- Prep Marinade: Combine the Marinade in a mason jar. Cover tightly with lid and shake until combined.
- Prep Salmon: Place salmon cubes in a shallow bowl. Pour approx. 1/2 marinade over the top of the salmon and toss to coat.
- Marinade (optional): You can cook the salmon after a brief 5 minute marinade OR you can cover and let it marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, depending upon how much time you have.
- Prep Air Fryer: Ensure the air fryer basket is sprayed with your favorite non-stick cooking spray (we used an extra light olive oil). Preheat air fryer for 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Cook: Place salmon bites inside the prepared air fryer basket, trying to keep the salmon from touching each other (cook in batches if necessary). Place air fryer basket in the air fryer and let cook 5-7 minutes or until salmon is fully cooked (internal temp of 135 degrees F). Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Serve: serve salmon bites over rice and pour the remaining marinade/sauce over top. Garnish with sliced green onions.
- *Marinade: the marinade is totally optional! Feel free to use a store-bought marinade or just toss in a little olive oil and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. The 30 minute marinade time is also optional so it is not included in the prep time.
- Serving: we also love using these in our Soy Ginger Salmon Rice Bowls and these Blackened Salmon Bowls!
- Storage: store leftover salmon bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 4oz
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 642.5 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Protein: 26.6 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: air fryer salmon bites