This quick and easy Air Fryer Salmon recipe will give you perfectly tender salmon fillets every single time! Whether you keep this easy salmon recipe simple with salt and pepper or amp up the flavor with our Salmon Seasoning or Salmon Marinade, it is a great option for an easy weeknight meal!
The Best Air Fryer Salmon
Here at The Wooden Skillet we absolutely love cooking with salmon, it is one of our all-time favorite foods! You can find us making grilled salmon, baked salmon, and cedar plank salmon, but now that we have perfected it in the air fryer…. we may never look back. It is definitely the best way to make delicious salmon fillets in a matter of minutes! A new family favorite that we will be continuing to make for a long time – don’t forget to serve with some Air Fryer Broccolini!
Looking for another easy recipe? Try making our Teriyaki Salmon Bowls, super simple and full of flavor!
What You Will Need
- fresh salmon fillets – we used fresh fillets that had the salmon skin-on, but you can use skin-off salmon fillets or ones that were previously frozen. Just make sure the salmon thaws before cooking.
- extra virgin olive oil – rub down each fillet with olive oil to give the outside a nice crispness.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – the simple seasonings that are the perfect compliment to these fish fillets, but feel free to add any of your favorite seasonings!
How To Cook Salmon In An Air Fryer
To begin this simple cooking technique, you will want to pat the salmon fillets dry with clean paper towel.
Next, drizzle on a little olive oil, rub it all over, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
How Should I Season Air Fryer Salmon
We kept this recipe card simple by just using kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, but you can certainly add or substitute with other flavors! We highly recommend our blackened seasoning or salmon marinade. Otherwise, you could also add some garlic powder, a bit of lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, or some red pepper flakes for a little bit of a kick!
Place your seasoned salmon fillets in the air fryer basket (skin side down) in a single layer after spraying it with a non-stick cooking spray.
Pro tip: for best results, make sure the salmon is not touching in the basket. This will help each fillet to cook evenly all the way around.
After you have preheated the air fryer at 390 degrees for about 5 minutes, you can air fry salmon for about 9-14 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon. Use a meat thermometer to keep an eye on the internal temperature. You want them to be fork tender!
How Should I Serve Air Fryer Salmon
There are so many great side dish recipes that would pair really well with this salmon! We love serving it with a side of veggies, like air fryer broccolini, air fryer asparagus, or steamed green beans. Add a little jasmine rice, wild rice, or cauliflower rice to round out your delicious meal and enjoy!
- cut of salmon: try to either find salmon fillets that are close to the same size or cut them to similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
- preheat: we recommend preheating your air fryer, but you don’t have to do this step. We just feel that it evens out the cooking process and adds to the crispness on the outside of the salmon.
- storage: these air fried salmon fillets will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Air Fryer Salmon – an easy, simple and delicious Air Fryer Salmon recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight!
- (2) 4-6oz salmon fillets
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat to 390 degrees F. (let preheat for 5 minutes or so).
- Place salmon fillets on a plate and pat dry with clean paper towel.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over to fully coat.
- Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper (see Notes for other options).
- Place salmon fillets in air fryer ensuring they aren’t touching. Cook for 9-14 minutes or until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the salmon reaches 145 degrees F. with an internal meat thermometer.
- Remove from air fryer and serve with some air fryer broccolini!
- Cook Time: if you have a thinner piece of salmon cook time will be closer to 8-10 minutes. We used a thicker piece of salmon and it took 13-14 minutes. Just adjust cook time depending upon the thickness of your salmon and check periodically to keep track of that internal temp.
- Way to prepare: feel free to use this Salmon Marinade or this Salmon Seasoning if you want to do something different than just olive oil, salt and pepper (this blackened seasoning is also amazing!).
- Storage: store leftover salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 774.7 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.7 g
- Protein: 44.2 g
- Cholesterol: 101 mg
Keywords: air fryer salmon