Vegan Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce – creamy and delicious, this dairy-free, vegan Alfredo sauce is a must-try!! (Whole30/Paleo)
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms®, but the opinions are my own.
Just imagine a plate of pasta or spaghetti squash drenched in this silky, creamy roasted garlic Alfredo sauce ……
Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
One of my absolute favorite things to do is take a classically dairy-laden recipe (like your classic Alfredo sauce or Pot Pies) and make it completely dairy-free, but have it taste exactly the same. I am absolutely blown away by how delicious and silky this Alfredo sauce is, you guys! It is made with cashews and Calfia unsweetened almond milk (my go-to dairy replacement). Here are a couple tips to get your sauce perfectly creamy:
How to make extra-creamy cashew Alfredo sauce:
- Soak your cashews overnight – make sure your cashews are fully submerged in water overnight. This will soften the cashews so they break down easier in the blender. Alternatively, you can flash soak them in boiling water for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend. Blend. Blend. Use a high-powered blender to really break down the cashews. The first time I tested this recipe, I used a food processor and it just didn’t do the trick. The texture was gritty. Keep blending until you have reached the consistency you want and add additional splashes of either almond milk or vegetable broth, as desired.
- When you heat up your sauce to pour over either some pasta (here is my fav gluten-free kind!) or some yummy spaghetti squash, have some vegetable broth on hand. As you heat up the sauce, some of the broth/water will boil off and the sauce will thicken up even more, so you will want to add splashes of broth to thin it out again. Then it will perfectly coat every noodle.
Paleo Alfredo Sauce
And YES this recipe is Whole30/Paleo! Obviously serve over spaghetti squash instead of regular pasta 🙂
Quick note on the roasted garlic- here is my tutorial on how to make your own roasted garlic OR you could use garlic confit. But, if you aren’t in the mood for either you can totally use just regular raw garlic too!!
I hope you enjoy this one! I know I did!
You could also sub in Califia’s cashew milk for the almond milk if you want it EXTRA creamy!! It isn’t Whole30 compliant, but it is absolutely delicious!!!
Vegan Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce – creamy and delicious, this dairy-free, vegan Alfredo sauce is a must-try!!
- 1–2 cloves roasted garlic (or garlic confit – although raw garlic cloves will work just as well!)
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water overnight or soaked in boiling water for at least 30 min)
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup +1 Tablespoon vegetable broth (plus additional for thinning out)
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Califia unsweetened almond milk
- Combine ingredients in high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for several minutes, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides.
- If you want the consistency thinner, add additional vegetable broth 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Taste and add additional garlic or salt, to taste.
- Continue blending on high until it reaches a smooth consistency.
As the sauce is heated it will thicken up. Keep additional vegetable broth on hand, adding one tablespoon at a time to thin sauce out as it heats up (as needed).
Keywords: dairy free Alfredo sauce, vegan Alfredo sauce, whole30 Alfredo sauce, paleo Alfredo sauce
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.