Healthy Caesar Dressing – a simple recipe for making delicious Caesar dressing at home – perfect for Caesar salads and wraps!
Homemade Healthy Caesar Dressing
Caesar dressing is simply one of the best creations off all time! There is nothing better than smothering a salad or wrap in all the glorious goodness that is Caesar dressing. Well now you can easily make this amazing dressing in your very own kitchen using simple, real ingredients. The flavor is amazing and only gets better as it hangs out in your fridge just waiting for your next craving.
What You Will Need
- Mayo – this is the base of the dressing and we highly recommend using a high quality mayo of your choice or whipping up some homemade mayo!
- Dijon mustard, garlic, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder – the amazing combination of flavors that go in to this dressing.
- Lemon juice – a little acidity to help bring the flavors to life.
- Kosher salt & pepper – another dash of seasoning!
- Anchovy paste – one of the crucial pieces that make it Caesar dressing.
- Red wine vinegar – common ingredient in all the good salad dressings.
- Parmesan cheese – feel free to use regular parmesan or grab a dairy-free option, if that’s your thing!
How Long Can I Store Homemade Caesar Dressing?
You can keep your Caesar dressing in the fridge for up to 7 days. It is not recommended to freeze the dressing because it does not thaw well.
What Can I Substitute For Anchovies In Caesar Dressing?
If you don’t want to use anchovy paste when making this recipe you could try to use fish sauce. It is a slightly different taste but could be used in a pinch if needed.
How To Make Healthy Caesar Dressing
Step one – Gather your ingredients.
Step two – Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
Step three – Give the jar a vigorous shake!
Step four – Enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
- 1/2 cup mayo of your choice
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Mayo: use whatever brandy you prefer, otherwise we have an awesome Paleo Mayo here!
- Dairy-Free: you can make this dairy-free by using a dairy-free version of grated parmesan cheese.
Keywords: healthy caesar dressing