The Best Champagne Vinaigrette Recipe
Once you start making salad dressings from scratch, we promise you won’t be able to go back to what the grocery stores have to offer. Because you really can’t compete with the fresh flavors that the homemade version provides. You might like it so much that we suggest making a double batch to have on hand to enjoy twice as long.
What You Will Need
- champagne vinegar – A key ingredient that adds a sweet, light, and crisp taste.
- extra virgin olive oil – A mild flavored oil to help spread out all of those flavors in this creamy dressing.
- dijon mustard – Adds a depth of flavors with a kick.
- shallots – To allow for that onion flavor that we know and love, but on a bit smaller scale.
- lemon zest – Helps to brighten the entire dressing.
- fresh garlic – Because can you really have a recipe without garlic?
- fresh thyme – A holiday herb that brings the best rich flavors to any recipe.
- kosher salt & black pepper – Just a bit to elevate all the flavors.
- honey – Just a touch of sweetness.
How To Make Champagne Vinaigrette
Start by gathering and measuring all of your ingredients for easy assembly.
Then place everything in a small food processor and blend until smooth. You could also use an immersion blender. Give it taste and adjust any of the seasonings to your liking.
This champagne vinaigrette dressing is so easy to make and delicious that we’re confident it will become your go to everyday vinaigrette that is the perfect addition to any green salad.
Store this homemade vinaigrette in an airtight container like a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. There will be a bit of separation during this time, so just let it come to room temperature and stir before use.
Made this simple dressing and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Champagne Vinaigrette – a delicious champagne vinaigrette recipe that is perfect for your favorite salad! So easy to make!
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add ingredients to a small food processor.
- Blend until fully combined.
- Taste and adjust salt or other ingredients, as desired.
- Use on your favorite salad (we love it on our Thanksgiving Salad)!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. There will be separation during refrigeration. Let come to room temp and stir to recombine before use.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbs
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 126.4 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Champagne Vinaigrette