This quick & easy Crispy Prosciutto recipe only takes minutes to make and is perfect for crumbing on top of your favorite salad! The whole family is going to love this added crunch and flavor!
The Best Crispy Prosciutto
Those thin slices of prosciutto always hit the spot! Such a great option for adding to a charcuterie board or serving with some cheese and crackers. Well, we decided to bake some slices in the oven to crisp it up… similar to bacon bits. This great result is out of this world! These strips of crunchy prosciutto are a delicious way to take any salad recipe (like this Thanksgiving Salad) or main dish to the next level. Or add to a favorite sandwich, wrap, or crumble on pesto pasta dishes for the perfect amount of crunch!
And if you haven’t tried cooking bacon in the oven, what are you waiting for!? Follow our simple tutorial on how to bake crispy bacon in the oven – so easy and less mess!
What You Will Need
- fresh prosciutto – you can find packages of fresh prosciutto slices in the deli meats section at your local grocery store.
- rimmed baking sheet – just line your favorite cookie sheet with a big piece of parchment paper for easy clean-up.
How To Make Crispy Prosciutto
This easy recipe could not be more simple! The first steps are to get the amount of prosciutto you need from the store and remove it from the packaging.
Place the paper-thin slices of prosciutto in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. For best results, make sure these strips don’t touch or overlap.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 10-14 minutes of cooking time.
Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and let these crispy chips cool completely before using.
Best Ways To Enjoy Crispy Prosciutto
There are actually so many different ways to enjoy these prosciutto crisps! A few of our personal favorites are:
- Salad Toppings: we absolutely love adding this salty crunch to our Thanksgiving Salad with a homemade Champagne Vinaigrette! It will also be great with a Breakfast Salad or a BBQ Chicken Salad.
- Charcuterie Board: raw prosciutto is a common piece of any charcuterie board, but for a fun spin, consider adding it after baking in the oven!
- Pizza Topping: a little bit of prosciutto is also such a great addition, along with some figs and/or fresh arugula! Try our grilled pizza or smoked pizza for your next pizza night!
- Creamy Soups: great to crumble on a cozy bowl of loaded baked potato soup, cheeseburger soup, or zuppa toscana.
- Sandwich Topping: enjoy on an ultimate grilled chicken sandwich or in a chicken bacon ranch wrap!
- Crunchy Snack: keep it simple and enjoy these prosciutto chips as a high-protein snack.
Also known as prosciutto crudo, it is an unsmoked Italian dry-cured ham. Made from a pork leg, it is a paper-thin meat with a delicious salty flavor!
No! It does not have to be cooked. You can absolutely eat it without cooking and is commonly used on a charcuterie board without being cooked. We love baking it to give it a crispy texture.
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Learn how to make crispy prosciutto with this simple and easy recipe! All it takes is 12 minutes – perfect to crumble on your favorite salad!
- 4oz prosciutto
- parchment-lined baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay prosciutto down in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Ensure pieces are not overlapping.
- Place in oven, middle rack. Let cook 10-14 minutes or until just crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (the pieces will crisp up even more as they cool).
- Serve crumbled on your favorite salad – we love it on this Thanksgiving Salad (with this Champagne Vinaigrette!).
- Storage: store in an airtight container, lined with paper towel, in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days (for best results and crispiness, use right away).
Keywords: crispy prosciutto, how to make crispy prosciutto, salad topping