A perfectly made Green Goddess Dressing is a blend of mayo, sour cream, herbs (parsley, tarragon & chives), and spices (garlic, salt, & pepper). It only takes about 10 minutes to whip up and you can drizzle it on salads or use it as a dip. Perfect for the summer!
An Easy Homemade Green Goddess Salad Dressing
If you haven’t tried making your own homemade salad dressings before, you definitely need to start! You probably already have most of the ingredients at home, especially if you have a little herb garden like us! In the summer it is perfect for grabbing a little parsley and chives to make this dressing for all of your salad and veggie dipping needs. We especially love it on an ultimate grilled shrimp salad!
Another deliciously rich & creamy homemade dressing is our southwest dressing – another must try!
What You Will Need
- sour cream – option to use a regular sour cream or use a dairy free option! We love this homemade dairy free sour cream or grab one from your local grocery store.
- mayo – this can also be made right at home or use what you have on hand (we love this Primal Kitchen Mayo)!
- fresh parsley, chives, & tarragon – the perfect blend of fresh herbs that bring a lot of flavor and green to this green goddess dressing.
- lemon juice – this really helps to bring out the flavors.
- olive oil – a little is needed for most homemade dressings.
- rice vinegar – this will add a mild tangy flavor.
- garlic & anchovy paste – both add a bit more flavor to round it out.
- kosher salt & pepper – just a sprinkle of each!
What Is Green Goddess Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing is a salad dressing that has a creamy mayo and sour cream base, lots of fresh green herbs, like parsley, chives, & tarragon, and some great added flavor from the garlic, anchovy paste, and lemon juice! You can find it in the grocery store and at many restaurants, but we think it is super simple to just make at home.
How Should I Serve This Dressing
Our all-time favorite way to enjoy this dressing is to drizzle it all over an ultimate grilled shrimp salad! The cool & refreshing dressing combined with the blackened shrimp on the salad are perfection! It would also be good on a grilled salmon salad or on an easy grilled chicken salad. Otherwise, you can also use this dressing as a dip for fresh veggies or pita bread!
This dressing can easily be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. This makes it a perfect option for making ahead of time and enjoying it all week long.
How To Make Green Goddess Dressing
First, you will want to gather your ingredients.
And place them all in a food processor or high speed blender.
Blend on high until the dressing is smooth and fully combined.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Dressing Recipes You Might Like
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
Taco Salad Dressing
The Best Creamy Italian Dressing
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1 cup
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Green Goddess Dressing – a delicious, creamy green goddess dressing that is perfect for your favorite salad!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend or pulse until fully combined – don’t over-blend – there should still be little pieces of dark green herbs, but not chunky.
- Taste and adjust any flavors, seasonings, etc. as-desired.
- Use in your favorite recipe – we love using this on our Grilled Shrimp Salad.
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free simply use a dairy-free sour cream.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Keywords: green goddess dressing
Leave a Rating & Comment