Chicken Dry Rub – made up of only 7 simple ingredients (that you already have in your spice cabinet) and it will take your chicken to the next level!
What I Love About This Recipe
- Simple: with only 7 real ingredients from your spice cabinet – it is so easy to throw together!
- Adds flavor: this mixture of spices is going to bring the flavor of your chicken to the next level. You have to try it!
- Gives texture: covering your chicken in this amazing rub will make the outside nice and crisp. Finger-licking good!
What You Will Need
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
How Long Can You Store Homemade Spice Rubs
Homemade spice or dry rubs can be stored safely for up to a year or to as long as they are kept in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight (so an enclosed cabinet would be a great place to keep them). Dried herbs can last up to three years.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Chicken Dry Rub – a go-to chicken dry rub recipe. Perfect for chicken wings, whole roasted chicken or grilled chicken!
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Add ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Use in your favorite chicken recipes!
- Storage: Store in cool, dark cabinet (away from sunlight) and this spice blend will last up to 1-2 years!
- Recipe Suggestion: We love using this recipe on this Grilled Spatchcock Chicken recipe!
Keywords: Chicken Dry Rub