Corn Salsa is a simple way to add a pop of color, a burst of fresh flavor, and lots of fresh veggies and herbs to any meal. Serve this bright and refreshing salsa alongside our green chicken enchiladas, Steak Fajitas or on top of your favorite nacho recipe.
The Best Corn Salsa Recipe (Chipotle Corn Salsa)
This corn salsa recipe has the freshest flavors and is so simple to whip together (it is a spin off the famous Chipotle Corn Salsa!). Throw this salsa on the table with your favorite bag of chips and watch as it quickly disappears or serve it on your favorite Steak Burrito Bowl. We’re so confident in the bright flavors in this recipe, that we’ll go as far as to say that it could stand on its own as a side dish!
Love corn – try our Delicious Corn Fritters!
What You Will Need
- corn – The star of the show with a satisfying sweet flavor and a crisp bite.
- cherry tomatoes – This bright veggie adds a juiciness and a pop of color.
- jalapeños – Bring on the spice! But be sure to omit the white membrane and seeds for a more palatable salsa.
- red onion – A perfect pairing of spicy and subtly sweet in each bite.
- lime juice – Tart and a bit more bitter than its lemon counterpart.
- lime zest – These little bits of goodness add concentrated citrus flavors.
- cilantro – A must in any fresh salsa. But if it’s not your thing, leave it out. You won’t hurt our feelings.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – Just a bit goes a long way.
- chili powder & cumin – Classic spices to add a richer flavor.
What To Serve With Corn Salsa
If this recipe makes you think of Chipotle corn salsa, you’re not too far off. This recipe is similar, but in our opinion, even better. It tastes amazing on our easy burrito bowls and could even jazz up simpler recipes like our avocado + brown rice bowl. Or stick with your favorite bag of chips. No matter how you consume it, you’re in for a treat.
How To Make Corn Salsa
Start by prepping and measuring out your ingredients.
Next, add all of the ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Use a wooden spoon or spatula to thoroughly mix everything together, being sure that all the ingredients get coated with those bright citrus flavors and rich seasonings.
Finally, taste your corn salsa and add any additional salt, cilantro, or lime juice as needed.
- add-ins: Diced avocado is delicious in this recipe! Just know that avocado looses its color quickly, so be sure to serve it immediately after all the ingredients have been combined.
- jalapeños: I highly recommend removing the seeds and white membrane to the spice level isn’t too spicy – but if you like it spicier, then feel free to keep them.
- storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Get creative with how you use your leftovers.
Corn Salsa Recipe – a bright, delicious corn salsa recipe that is made with simple, real ingredients and is ready in no time at all!
- 12oz corn (grilled, boiled or frozen)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (more if desired)
- 1–2 jalapeños, diced (remove seeds and white membrane)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Add ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and add any additional salt, cilantro or lime juice.
- Serve with your favorite corn chips or in a Steak Burrito Bowl!
- Jalapeños: I highly recommend removing the seeds and white membrane so that the spice level isn’t too spicy – but if you like it spicier, then feel free to keep them.
- Add-Ins: diced avocado is also delicious in here!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: corn salsa