Healthy Apple Pancakes – a simple and delicious homemade apple pancake recipes that is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan!
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, but the opinions are my own.
Easy Apple Pancakes
Breakfast just got a whole lot better!
There is nothing like making a steaming pile of delicious pancakes on Saturday morning! And I am so excited to be partnering with Califia Farms to bring you these dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan Apple Pancakes! Kid-approved and so, so good!! Clean ingredients (including Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk) and officially kid-approved!
Cannot wait for you guys to try them!
Vegan Pancake Recipe
One of the things I am most excited about is that this recipe is
Best Kind of Apples to Use
I used Granny Smith apples, but Honeycrisp would work well too! You just want to make sure you use a firm apple!
Best Kind of Pan to Use
I used a cast iron skillet for this recipe and that is the pan that I use anytime I make pancakes!
Other recipes you might like:Print
Healthy Apple Pancakes – a delicious apple pancake that is gluten-free, dairy-free and plant-based!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2 egg replacers or flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2.5 tablespoons water mixed together and let sit 5 minutes)
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup apple, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- oil for pan (avocado or coconut)
- Combine dry ingredients and mix together in medium bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Gently mix in apples.
- Allow mixture to sit 3-5 minutes, it will thicken slightly.
- In the meantime, bring a cast iron skillet to medium heat and add enough oil to just cover the pan so it doesn’t dry out.
- Once pan is hot and ready, use a 1/2 cup to scoop out the pancake mix and pour into middle of the pan. Use the measure cup or the back of a spoon to flatten the mixture and make it into a round pancake.
- Let cook 2-3 minutes per side or until the edges start to bubble slightly (if you don’t flatten them as much you might want to cook closer to 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve immediately with real maple syrup and additional ground cinnamon on top.
- Pan should be no hotter than medium heat; reduce heat as you go if needed (cast iron pans retain heat very well)
- Don’t skip step 6, allowing the mixture to sit for a few minutes helps allow it to thicken.
- I used a Granny Smith apple, but feel free to use whatever you want
- I used this egg replacer and it worked SO well!
Keywords: apple pancakes, apple cinnamon pancakes