Raw Cashew Chocolate Breakfast Bars (gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, paleo)
A healthy and delicious breakfast or afternoon snack!
This is one of those recipes that has been on my “to-do” list FOREVER! I have made so many variations of this recipe, but this is the basic go-to. It is so simple and so delicious – my kids love them and so does my husband – and they are nice to just have around for a little snack or if I am in rush out the door in the morning.
You can add additional flavors (I mean… what would happen if you added some pumpkin spice?!?) or you can add some of your favorite protein powder – whatever you guys want!
I just have to recommend that you use this Creamy Roasted Cinnamon Cashew Butter for the recipe – that’s what I used and it was AMAZING!!!
Also, for the chocolate – go for the good stuff – it will be worth it. Right now I am kind of obsessed with this Loving Earth chocolate – the ingredients are so awesome.
Hope you guys like them – let me know what you think or if you change up the flavors at all!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Raw Cashew Chocolate Breakfast Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Raw Cashew Chocolate Breakfast Bars – A no-bake, easy breakfast or after-workout snack!
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup (heaping) raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- sea salt
- Place cashews, almonds and dates in food process and process for approximately 2 minutes.
- Take medium mixing bowl and add cashew butter, flax meal, maple syrup and processed mixture.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients until it makes almost a cookie dough.
- Take a bread pan and line with parchment.
- Place mixture in pan and press down evenly and firmly until it is spread out.
- Place chocolate in medium saucepan and slowly melt on medium/medium-low – using a spatula to mix.
- Pour chocolaté on top of mixture in bread pan and use spatula to cover evenly.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour to let chocolate harden.
- Cut into either strips or squares (chocolate will break a little when you cut it).
- Store in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Keywords: breakfast bars
Delicious for breakfast or a snack! I love having these bars in my refrigerator for the week.
So so so So yummy. My kids even request them.
Aw yay!! Always a win when the kiddos approve! 🙂 So glad you guys are enjoying them – and thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback! I really appreciate it!
Perfect combination of chocolate and nuts! Love this as a snack! Have made it a couple times and it never fails.
Yay! That is so awesome to hear, Katie! So glad you like them (one of my favorites as well!). And thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I greatly appreciate it!