Delicious Paleo Yogurt Parfait Cups – The perfect way to spoil Mom this Mother’s Day!
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill®, but the opinions are my own.
This is what I want to be eating on Mother’s Day! Who is with me!
I love Mother’s Day – it is a day to celebrate some of the most amazing and unsung heroes in this world – MOMS. To be a Mom is to be selfless and unconditionally loving. To be a Mom is HARD! To take one day to spoil them isn’t enough to even begin to thank them, so you better go all out!
I know that I want to be eating one of these Delicious Paleo Yogurt Parfait Cups, sitting on my deck, in the sun and sipping on an orange juice “mimosa” mocktail – with my feet up and watching my girls play outside …… maybe flipping through a cookbook or writing down recipe ideas absent mindedly. Doesn’t that sound perfect? Yes, yes it does!
Okay, the details on these Paleo Parfait Cups…. you guys know I am a HUGE fan of Bob’s Red Mill®, I use their products all the time (I mean arrowroot powder, almond flour and flaxseed meal are staples in my pantry). Well, their paleo flour is no exception – it works SO well (I used it in my Paleo Banana Bread recipe and it was awesome!). I highly, highly recommend it!
Once your Parfait Cups are done, you can fill them with whatever you want, really. But to keep it Paleo, I suggest using a Paleo-compliant coconut yogurt (I actually photographed these using just coconut cream and it tasted amazing), berries and then a drizzle of honey! So light, delicious and fun to make!!
I hope you guys have an amazing Mother’s Day and to all you fellow Mom’s out there (especially my Mom!! and my Step-Mom!) THANK YOU!!!! Somehow you guys make it look easy!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (not liquid)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon ghee, softened
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs (at room temp)
- 2 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour, sifted
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Additional coconut oil to grease the muffin tin.
- Coconut yogurt (paleo compliant) or just coconut cream
- Blueberries and blackberries (or whatever berries you desire)
- Place coconut butter and ghee in microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30% for 10 seconds and then continue for 5 second intervals until the ghee and coconut butter are softened.
- In a stand mixer (use paddle attachment), beat the coconut oil, coconut butter and ghee until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add banana and honey and beat for an additional 2 minutes, or until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs and continue mixing.
- Whisk together the paleo flour, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl
- Turn down the stand mixer to low and add half of the flour mixture and let it combine and then add the other half.
- Continue mixing until fully combined.
- Divide dough into two equal parts.
- Take each part and form into a ball and then press down on a piece of parchment or wax paper until a disk is formed.
- Wrap up the dough in the wax paper and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to one day.
- Chilling is mandatory.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350.
- Take some coconut oil and rub a thin layer inside each muffin tin.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, one disk at a time.
- Taking the first disk, take approx. 3-4 Tablespoons of dough in your hand and warm it up between your hands.
- Then work it into a ball and then gently press it into a flat, round “pancake” that is big enough to cover all sides of the muffin tin.
- Place this over a muffin tin and gently press down.
- Using your hands, press against the sides so that the entire muffin tin is covered on the inside.
- If you need additional coverage, take some more dough and warm it up in your hands again and then form it to fit the shape you need.
- Repeat this so that you have between 8-10 muffin tins that have dough inside of them like little cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until you can just begin to see the outside start to turn brown next to the tin.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool approximately 5 minutes.
- Then, using a butter knife, gently remove the cups from the muffin tins and place on a cooling rack.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Fill with coconut yogurt or cream, berries and drizzle with honey.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.