Easy Weeknight Greek Chicken Bake – a one-pan dinner that you will want to make again and again! (Whole30)
Raise your hand if you are all about having a handful of super easy, no-thought-needed, one pan dinners that you know you can always throw together! Me!
I have always been a fan of Greek flavors – (one of my favorite comfort food recipes (that I enjoy very rarely during my own food freedom) is this Warm Greek Pasta recipe) – so I knew I wanted to make one that was Whole30-friendly. All I can say, is this came together absolutely perfectly and the flavors are everything I dreamed they would be.
What I also love about this recipe is that you can really do so many things with it. Eat is as-is for a quick and easy protein-packed dinner; toss it on top of your favorite greens and make an epic Whole30 Greek Salad; or if you are not doing a Whole30 currently and want to toss a little feta cheese on top (even being allergic to dairy, feta doesn’t seem to bother me too badly). Do whatever works best for you!
I love recipes that take all day and are super complicated, but during the week I sometimes just need a good one-pan dinner to get me through!
Or, if you are feeling like a little Feta….
Hope you guys are having a good week!
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts (you can use bone-in, you just need to cook for an addition 15-20 minutes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 -1 cup artichoke hearts (double check ingredients if doing Whole30)
- 1 cup of your favorite olives (I used a Mediterranean mix of green and kalamata olives)
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place chicken breasts in deep cooking pan.
- Pour olive oil over each breast and use your hands to rub down and and ensure they are fully covered.
- Sprinkle each with a generous amount of salt and pepper, both sides.
- Place olives, garlic, tomatoes and artichoke hearts around the chicken.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive and just a sprinkle of salt over everything.
- Bake for 45 mins – 1 hour (for boneless chicken breasts) or until chicken has an internal temp of 165 degrees (use meat thermometer).
- Season with salt as desired/could garnish with some parsley or other preferred herb.
- Serve immediately.
Feel free to add in some diced potatoes as well!!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.