Ghee and Cilantro Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – an easy and healthy side dish or snack that is Whole30 compliant!
Yup, one more Whole30 recipe for you guys! But, again, you really, really don’t have to be doing Whole30 in order to LOVE this super easy variation on your classic and simple sweet potato. It is just bursting with flavor and has a combination of ingredients you might not have pictured together. They come together so beautifully …. I know this will become a staple in your house!
So my husband is just finishing up his very first Whole30 and this has been a go-to in our house. There are only so many ways to eat sweet potatoes, so when I went to a friends house and she served them with cilantro and cayenne pepper, I was immediately inspired. The taste just grabs you! I added some ghee, red onion and salt and here you go! Ghee and Cilantro Stuffed Sweet Potatoes ?
You can really play with the presentation as well – dice and roast the sweet potatoes, mash them or serve them baked like I did – it honestly doesn’t matter because the flavors will still come together perfectly.
Throw this into your weekly lineup and see what happens – I want to hear about it!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Ghee and Cilantro Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 potato 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
An easy and healthy side dish or snack that is Whole30 compliant!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/4 fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cook sweet potato with your preferred method (when I am on the go, I just wrap it in a wet paper towel and microwave for approx. 9 minutes – or bake at 350 for approx. 45 minutes)
- Cut a slit in potato (carefully – watch out for the steam).
- Add ghee and let it melt.
- Sprinkle a little salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Add cilantro and then sprinkle red onion on top
- Additional salt and cayenne, to taste.
Leave a Rating & Comment