Follow our step-by-step tutorial on How to Make Crostini in your oven! It is so simple and perfect for serving with so many of your favorite appetizer recipes. Everyone is definitely going to love this easy crostini recipe that can be topped any way you want!
The Best Crostini
Snacks, appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, we love them all – no matter what you call them! There is just something about gathering around a shared plate of delicious food that warms our heart. A great addition to any appetizer spread is this homemade crostini recipe that only takes 2 simple ingredients and about 15 minutes. We absolutely love putting just about any of our favorite spreads on the best homemade crostini or use them to scoop up all our favorite dips! The options are endless!
Have you ever tried grilling bread? If not, we highly recommend making our Grilled Bread recipe! So good!
What You Will Need
- french baguette – check the bakery section of your local grocery store for this sturdy bread loaf.
- olive oil – just brush a little bit on both sides of the bread slices to help them roast to perfection!
How To Make Crostini
The first, simple steps to this easy recipe are to cut the fresh baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices using a sturdy cutting board and serrated knife.
Place the bread slices on a large baking sheet in a single layer and brush each piece lightly with a little olive oil. Option to use parchment paper in-between the sliced bread and the pan, but not necessary.
Move the entire sheet pan into the preheated oven and let them bake for about 4-8 minutes of cooking time or until golden brown. Pro tip: leave the oven door open and keep a close eye on them. Each oven is different so some may crisp faster than others.
Let them cool to room temperature and then serve any way you want!
Best Ways To Serve Crostini
There are so many different ways to serve crostini! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Crostini Toppings: once they have cooled down you can top them any way you want! Use as the perfect base for our favorite toppings, like Easy Tomato Bruschetta, Steak Crostini, or Olive Tapenade.
- Dip: after toasting, they make a great scoop for your favorite dip. We love serving them with our Ultimate Spinach Artichoke Dip, Smoked Salmon Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Healthier Spinach Artichoke Dip or Baked Brie.
- Soup: you could even toss a piece or two in your favorite soup recipe, like Beef & Barley Soup, French Onion Soup, or a classic Chicken Noodle Soup!
Typically, the best bread used to make homemade crostini is traditional French baguette, sourdough bread, or a similar style bread. It is the perfect size and sturdy enough to hold up when serving.
It is so easy! This crostini toast can be stored at room temperature for 3-5 days. Therefore, you can simply pop these in the oven when you have a few minutes in the couple days leading up to your event.
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
A simple and easy tutorial that teaches you how to make crostini easily at home! Perfect for all of your favorite appetizers!
- 12 slices fresh french baguette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice a french baguette into 1/2 inch pieces (I like to cut it at a slight angle).
- Place on baking sheet in a single layer and brush each piece with olive oil.
- Place in oven, middle rack, and let bake until they start to turn golden brown; approx. 4-8 minutes of cook time (keep an eye on them – everyone’s oven is a bit different).
- Remove and let cool. Use in your favorite recipes – we love our Homemade Bruschetta and this Ultimate Artichoke Dip!
- Servings: of course you can use this for more or less than 12 slices – however you may need to cook them in batches, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Storage: store in an airtight container on the counter top for 3-5 days.
Keywords: how to make crostini, crostini recipe, appetizer, hors d’oeuvres