This Ultimate Grilled Shrimp Salad is just what you need for a super fresh summer salad! The bold, warm flavors of the blackened grilled shrimp go perfectly with the cool lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and other veggies. Smother it in a green goddess dressing and you will be in love!
Easy Ultimate Grilled Shrimp Salad
Our summers are all about cooking as many things as possible on the grill and when you can also pair that with a fresh salad that has ALL the toppings it is a match made in heaven! The best part of a summer salad is that you can change up all your toppings depending on what you have on hand.
We love topping this salad with fresh corn off the cob, bacon, avocado, red onion, a hard boiled egg, and, of course, the best homemade green goddess dressing in all the land! The perfect compliment to all the flavor and heat brought by the blackened shrimp.
You also need to checkout our easy shrimp caesar salad! It’s another summer salad staple at our house!
What You Will Need
- large shrimp – if they are frozen, make sure they are fully thawed before cooking and it is up to you if you want the tails on or off!
- blackened seasoning – we love this blackened seasoning that is super easy to throw together!
- green goddess dressing – our homemade version is so easy to mix up – you have to try it!
- romaine lettuce – the perfect lettuce base for this yummy salad.
- corn – you can use canned, frozen, or grilled. Personally, once you have tried grilled corn on the cob you will never want it another way again (although grilled corn on the cob in foil is pretty easy too)!
- cherry tomatoes, avocado, & red onion – the perfect combination of fresh ingredients that really make this salad.
- bacon – everything is better with bacon and you can easily pop it in the oven while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- cojita cheese – a delicious cheese that is full of flavor to toss on top!
- hard boiled eggs – simply follow our tutorial on how to hard boil an egg!
Best Dressing To Use For A Grilled Shrimp Salad
Below in the recipe card you will find instructions for how to make our amazing homemade green goddess salad dressing and that would definitely be our pick for a dressing to pair with this salad. You could also make a ranch dressing, southwest dressing, or caesar dressing. Or simply grab your favorite from the grocery store. We love the dressing options from Primal Kitchen!
There are so many variations that you could make to this recipe. We love to get creative and try different things! You can easily keep this dairy free by using a dairy free sour cream in the green goddess dressing and then omitting the cotija cheese.
You could also use blackened chicken or blackened salmon instead of shrimp if shrimp isn’t your thing. Of course you can also switch up any of the toppings to what you prefer or what you have on hand.
Can I Make This Shrimp Salad Ahead Of Time
Absolutely! You can easily make the blackened shrimp, bacon, hard boiled eggs, and dressing ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you are ready. Some of the veggies could also be cut-up or chopped ahead of time as well and stored in containers in the fridge.
Once you are ready to eat you can just grab all of your pieces and assemble your salad. I would just wait to cut the avocado until you are ready to eat, otherwise it will start to turn brown.
If you have any leftovers that you would like to store in the fridge you can simply store the shrimp and dressing in separate containers from the salad. Then we you are ready to eat you can warm up the shrimp, toss it on top, and pour on the dressing!
How To Make The Ultimate Grilled Shrimp Salad
Simply begin by preparing your toppings.
Next, you can pat your shrimp dry, coat them in the blackened seasoning, and cook them on the grill.
Mix up the green goddess dressing.
And assemble your salad!
Love Shrimp – try our Grilled Shrimp Spring Roll Bowls!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Summer Salads You Might Like
Ultimate Southwest Salad (Santa Fe Salad)
Easy Steak Salad
Salmon Caesar Salad
Grilled Salmon Salad
Ultimate Grilled Shrimp Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2–4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Ultimate Grilled Shrimp Salad – a delicious shrimp salad with blackened shrimp and green goddess dressing! Perfect for summer!
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- blackened seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- 1lb large, tail-on shrimp (fresh or thawed)
- 6–8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1–2 avocado, cubed
- 6 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1–2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
Green Goddess Dressing:
- Add ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend or pulse until fully combined – don’t over-blend – there should still be little pieces of dark green herbs, but not chunky.
- Taste and adjust any flavors, seasonings, etc. as-desired. Transfer to a mason jar and place in the refrigerator until use.
- Ensure grill grates are clean and preheat grill to medium-high heat (Approx. 400-450 degrees F).
- Pat shrimp dry with a clean paper towel and season generously with blackened seasoning (shrimp should be fully coated).
- Taking a metal skewer, pierce the shrimp through the tail and then again through the thickest part and slide all the way to the bottom. Continue until all the shrimp are used.
- Place over direct heat and close lid. Let cook 2 minutes.
- Flip and close lid again. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Shrimp is done cooking when the meat is no longer translucent.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide lettuce and remaining ingredients between 4 bowls.
- Serve with Green Goddess Dressing
- Dairy-Free: to make this salad dairy-free simply use a dairy-free sour cream in the Green Goddess Dressing and omit the Cojita Cheese.
- Corn: we love grilling some sweet corn for this recipe and cutting off the kernels, but if you are in a pinch and need to use canned – that works too!
- Bacon: this is easy to make the day before – we love cooking it in the oven!
Keywords: grilled shrimp salad
Vicki Harvey says
The whole family loved this one. The green goddess dressing is outstanding!
So happy to hear that, Vicki!