Grilled Red Snapper –
A very simple step-by-step process on how to easily cook red snapper on the grill.
(Whole30, Paleo, GF, + DF)
Fire up the grill and the whole family will love this one!
As you all know we are BIG fans of cooking anything on the grill and there is nothing better than grilling up a simple fish fillet. Red snapper is a delicious white fish that if you haven’t tried, you should! This quick and easy recipe is a hit with the whole family and can be made for a quick weeknight dinner.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- red snapper fillets
- olive or avocado oil
- salt & pepper
(see recipe card for specific measurements)
HERE IS THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS
1 – grab your red snapper fillet (with or without skin)
2 – pat fillets dry with a clean paper towel
3 – brush with olive or avocado oil
4 – sprinkle with salt and pepper
5 – Place on a preheated grill over direct heat and let cook 5-6 minutes, turn, and let cook another 3-4 minutes
6 – serve immediately
- When’s it done? – cook until the fillet reaches an internal temp of 145 or until flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork.
- Should I leave the skin on? – you can can leave the skin on for cooking and it is actually edible. You can also get red snapper that doesn’t have the skin on for this recipe.
- How do I prep the grill? – make sure you clean your grill grates extremely well and then preheat to approximately 450 degrees. You can also use a non-stick spray to help with sticking to the grill.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THIS?
You could serve this delicious fish with any of your favorite sides but here are a few of ours:
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!
Grilled Red Snapper – A very simple step-by-step process on how to easily cook red snapper on the grill. (Whole30, Paleo, GF, + DF)
- Approx. 1 1/2 lbs red snapper fillets
- olive or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- Clean Grill: Clean grill grates extremely well and preheat to high heat (Approx. 450 degrees).
- Dry: Pat fillets dry with clean paper towel
- Oil: Brush on some olive oil on each filet and season with salt and pepper (a few sprinkles of each).
- Place on Grill: Place filet skin side down (if it has skin) over direct heat.
- Cook: Close grill and let cook 5-6 minutes.
- Turn: Carefully turn over (white, flaky fish can be challenging), close lid and let cook another 3-4 minutes, depending upon thickness.
- Done: Fish is done when it has an internal temp of 145 or until flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork.
- Fresh: I highly recommend always purchasing your fish the same day you are cooking it! It will taste so much better!
- Frozen: If you only have frozen snapper it will still work. Just be sure to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and really make sure it is dry before grilling.
- Serving: Feel free to serve with lemon or some yummy tartar sauce!
Keywords: grilled red snapper