Slow Cooker Applesauce – a set-it-and-forget-it recipe that is perfect for your Fall apples! (Dairy-Free + Paleo + Vegan)
Easy Slow Cooker Applesauce (no sugar)
I don’t know about you guys, but every year we got to the apple orchard and every year we come back with SO many apples because (of course) every kid needs to pick their own bag! And I never know what to do with all of them! Here is my answer :). The kiddos absolutely loved this recipe and I will be making it year after year!!!
Why This Recipe Works
- Set and Forget: love that you can dump everything in the slow cooker and then just walk away!
- No Sugar: no added sugar here! In my opinion, apples are sweet enough as they are, who needs extra sugar in there.
- Freezer-Friendly: this makes a pretty good batch so feel free to store some in the fridge for immediate use and then freeze some as well.
What You Will Need
- apples: I used honeycrisp, because they are already pretty sweet – that is what I would recommned.
- water: this helps keep things from drying out, especially in the beginning before the apples start to cook down.
- nutmeg + cloves: these are our lovely spices!
- salt: this just helps accentuate the flavors – we only use a pinch.
- cinnamon sticks: love adding these in for that beautiful cinnamon flavor.
How long to cook apples in slow cooker for applesauce
Just 3 hours! So you can just set-it-and-forget-it!! The best kind of recipe – right!
How to Make Slow Cooker Applesauce
Peel your apples and cut into slices, remove the seeds + core.
Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker.
Let cook for 3 hours.
Other recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Slow Cooker Applesauce – A delicious and easy slow cooker applesauce recipe! (Dairy-Free, Paleo + Vegan) – no added sugar!
- 1/2 peck of apples (5 or 6 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1–2 cinnamon sticks
- Add apples, water, nutmeg, salt and ground cloves to slow cooker.
- Turn to high and cook for 3 hours.
- Mix to combine.
- Feel free to use an immersion blender to really combine, otherwise just mix together with a spoon.
Keywords: slow cooker applesauce