This Pancake Bites recipe is a snap to whip together, using just a few simple ingredients, your trusty blender, and the most fun toppings. And in under 20 minutes you’ll have a healthier pancake bites that can be served with our tasty egg bites and a side of fruit for a complete meal.
The Best Mini Pancake Bites
If you or your kids are getting bored with the classic pancake, this recipe is for you! We’ve added a fun twist to the traditional breakfast and made pancakes snackable with a few simple ingredients, our trusty blender, and fun toppings of chocolate chips, blueberries, or chopped strawberries. Serve this for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or even in the kids’ lunch boxes for a fun surprise.
What You Will Need
- ripe bananas – We love the natural sweetness that these provide.
- eggs – Used to hold the pancake bites together during the cooking process.
- rolled oats – These get turned into a fine powder during the blending process, giving these pancakes a smooth texture and subtle oatmeal flavor.
- almond milk – Be sure to select the unsweetened variety.
- vanilla extract – Just a bit to add a the classic vanilla flavor.
- kosher salt – Brings out the best in all of the other ingredients.
- ground cinnamon – A prefect flavor combination with the banana and vanilla.
- baking powder – Allows the pancake bites to become fluffy.
- mini chocolate chips – This is an optional topping and can be substituted for small blueberries or chopped strawberries.
How To Make Pancake Bites
Start by preheating your oven to 415°F and prep all of your ingredients.
Next add the bananas, eggs, oats, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and baking powder into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Next, pour the pancake batter into a greased mini-muffin tin, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
Now the fun part. Toppings! Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips , small blueberries, or chopped strawberries on the top of each mini pancake. Then place the the muffin tin in the oven on the middle rack and let them bake for 8-10 minutes or until they start to get brown around the edges.
We’ve found that kids are more likely to try something new if they’re involved in the cooking process. So set out a few topping options and let them get creative by allowing them to mix and match to come up with their favorite flavor combinations.
Once they’re fully cooked, remove the mini pancake bites from the oven and let them cool slightly for around 5 minutes.
Use a butter knife or a small spatula to carefully pop each mini pancake bite out of the muffin tin.
How To Serve These Easy Pancake Bites
Since these little guys keep well in the fridge for up to five days, they’re perfect to make ahead of time for for breakfasts on the go or for brunch. If you want to make a full brunch spread, be sure to check out some of our other favorite breakfast recipes like oven baked bacon, breakfast sausage, fluffy egg bites, and Greek yogurt parfaits.
No matter how you serve them, maple syrup is a must for drizzling and/or dipping.
- Gluten-Free: Be sure to select gluten-free oatmeal.
- Dairy-Free: Be sure to select dairy-free mini chocolate chips.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Made these banana pancake bites and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Pancake Bites – an easy, delicious pancake bite recipe made with real, simple ingredients and your kids will love them! The perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch menu!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Toppings: mini chocolate chips, small blueberries or strawberries, chopped
- Serving: additional real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Spray mini muffin tin with olive oil or your favorite non-stick spray.
- Add bananas, eggs, oats, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and baking powder to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into greased mini muffin tins filling about 3/4 full.
- Top with mini chocolate chips, small blueberries or chopped strawberries.
- Place in oven, middle rack, and let bake 8-10 minutes or until they start to brown a bit around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Use a butter knife to help pop them out.
- Serve with additional real maple syrup and enjoy!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Gluten-Free: to make these gluten-free ensure you use gluten-free oats.
- Dairy-Free: to make these dairy-free ensure you use dairy-free mini chocolate chips.
- Nutrition: Nutrition information accounts for mini pancake bites topped with chocolate chips without maple syrup for topping.
- Serving Size: 4 pancake bites
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 147.2 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: pancake bites