A simple recipe for a smooth and creamy Homemade Honey Mustard that only requires 5 real ingredients! Perfect for adding to sandwiches, grilled brats, or use it as a dipping sauce.
A Quick 5 Minute Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Is there anything better than a simple homemade dipping sauce that can be mixed up in less than 5 minutes!? The answer is no! You probably already have the 5 ingredients needed for this easy homemade honey mustard in your fridge and pantry. Trust us when we say you want to take the 5 minutes for this delicious recipe! Plus, you can easily adjust any of the ingredients to make it just right for your taste.
If the sweetness of honey isn’t your thing, you can also try our simple mustard mayonnaise! Another very simple dipping sauce that is so good!
What You Will Need
- dijon mustard – feel free to grab your favorite from the grocery store – we love the one by Primal Kitchen!
- honey – option to adjust to a little more or little less depending on how sweet you like it!
- lemon juice – a bit of acidity really helps to highlight all the great flavors.
- mayonnaise – this provides a bit of flavor and creaminess.
- kosher salt – just a pinch!
How Long Can I Keep Homemade Honey Mustard
Once you have mixed up your honey mustard you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! Perfect for making ahead and having it on hand for a week or two.
Best Ways To Serve Honey Mustard
The options are endless and you could add it to just about anything or dip anything in it. We love it best on top of some grilled beer brats or grilled chicken thighs! Or we use it as a dipping sauce for our amazing chicken tenders or homemade chicken nuggets. No matter how you serve it, the whole family will love it!
How To Make Homemade Honey Mustard
First, gather your ingredients.
Place all of them in a mixing bowl.
Mix to fully combine.
Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for later.
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Cilantro Lime Crema
Simple Mustard Mayo
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1/2 cup
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Homemade Honey Mustard – a simple, easy and delicious honey mustard sauce that comes together in 5 minutes or less!
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk or stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust sweetness, as desired.
- Store in refrigerator to thicken a bit (about 30-60 minutes).
- Serve with your favorite recipe – we love these Chicken Tenders and Beer Brats!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: homemade honey mustard
Leave a Rating & Comment