How to Cook Orzo is a simple and easy tutorial that is so easy to make! Orzo is great for salads, soups and dishes alike! This simple orzo recipe will teach you how to easily make it at home!
How to Cook Orzo Tutorial
Orzo is versatile food that can really elevate any meal! It is actually more akin to a pasta, but it looks like rice and is perfect for creamy sauces, soups and salads! So easy to make and cooks in about 10 minutes – this might be your new favorite food!
What You Will Need
- uncooked orzo
- water or broth
- (optional) salt or butter
Orzo to Water Ratio
Generally it is 1 cup of uncooked orzo to 2 cups of water or broth. There is typically liquid left over after cooking that needs to be drained before using.
How to Serve Orzo
- It is perfect in soups like this Lemon Chicken Orzo soup!
- In salad like this Greek Orzo Salad!
- Serve it with Whole Roasted Chicken
- Make this One Pot Parmesan Chicken Orzo
How to Cook Orzo
Add water to a small/medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and add in your orzo.
Let gently boil, uncovered, for 8-12 minutes (depending upon how you like it cooked).
Drain any excess water.
Serve however you like!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Caramelize Onions
How to Make Oat Flour
How to Spatchcock a Chicken
How to Make Cashew Milk
How to Cook Orzo
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: How-To
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
How to Cook Orzo – learn how to easily cook orzo at home with this simple recipe + tutorial! Perfect for so many recipes!
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups water or broth
- (optional) 1 teaspoon salt
- (optional) 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- Add water to small/medium saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo.
- Leave uncovered and let gently simmer 8-12 minutes or until cooked to your liking (8 minutes is closer to al dente). Always check your orzo along the way to see if has reached your desired doneness.
- Drain excess water and use in your favorite recipe (we love this Greek Orzo Salad!).
- Optional: you can add a teaspoon salt and a tablespoon of butter to the water for additional flavor.
- Storage: store cooked orzo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: how to cook orzo
Love Orzo. It’s quick and easy. I add grilled peppers and onion for added flavour.