Instant Pot BBQ Chicken – an easy weeknight dinner option or weekend meal prep recipe! Either way it is simple and delicious!
BBQ Chicken In An Instant Pot
This is such a great meal prep option! It is fast and easy to make and then you can store it in the fridge and serve it in different ways all week long. It is delicious on its own, made into a sandwich, or made into tacos! So versatile to ensure that you will still be loving BBQ chicken by the end of the week. Can’t wait for you to try it!
What You Will Need
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – we used chicken breasts but you could also use chicken thighs.
- BBQ sauce – feel free to grab your favorite! Any BBQ sauce will work! Checkout this great list of the best bbq sauces – so many great options!
- chicken broth – just a cup because the Instant Pot requires some liquid when cooking meat – you could also use water.
How Long Do You Cook Raw Chicken In An Instant Pot?
You will cook the raw chicken breasts on high pressure for 8-10 minutes. An Instant Pot does take a fair amount of time to get to pressure and to release the pressure so make sure you account for that.
Storing Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
Once your bbq chicken has been cooked you can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months!
How To Make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
Step one – Place your chicken breasts & broth/water in the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Remove the chicken, shred, and place back in the Instant Pot with BBQ sauce of choice.
Step two – Enjoy it by itself!
Or as a sandwich!
Or as tacos!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce of your choice
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth (or water) to Instant Pot.
- Place chicken inside (no need for trivet).
- Set Instant Pot to “Seal” and cook on High Pressure for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release.
- Remove chicken and place on a plate; pour out any remaining liquid in the Instant Pot. Shred the chicken with two forks and place back in the Instant Pot.
- Add BBQ Sauce and stir to combine.
Keywords: instant pot bbq chicken